Let us all root for Iowa

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Let us be honest, Iowa is the class of the Big Ten. The fact the national media is picking Wisconsin is a direct slur on the Big Ten and a little pat on our heads to say, "don't you boys like mucking around." I even heard a jackass on ESPN saying the Iowa win over PSU was the biggest surprise of the year. Like Western Michigan over MSU or Washington over USC never happened.

The truth is, the best team in our conference, the oldest and best conference in all of college football, is Iowa. They have the best coach, the best players, and the biggest d*ckheaded, most delusional fans, probably in all of college football. If Iowa wins the Big Ten and goes to a BCS bowl, that helps recruiting here and raises the profile of the Big Ten.

Now that I have written this, I am going to go attempt suicide with a Mach III and a bottle of Listerine.

Being I live down here, there is no way I can root for iowa. Just can't do it.

Iowa's defense is maybe the best along with OSU's but their offense isn't as good as Wisconsin's right now. I like Wisconsin tomorrow.

I just can't root for either team, the HATE in me is too strong.......

I wish both teams could score negative 7 points and play so garbage they both lose if that were possible........

At this time, the Gophers are still in it with one loss. Iowa should have the same even though the thought of a Wisky win makes me want to upchuck.

Western Michigan hasn't played MSU yet. But Central Michigan did get the best of Sparty earlier this season. Though an upset, I don't think Central beating Sparty fits into the Washington-USC upset category, especially considering CMU likely is going to run away with the MAC.

I just can't root for either team, the HATE in me is too strong.......

I wish both teams could score negative 7 points and play so garbage they both lose if that were possible........

This^

I would only add that all the fans would get swine flu.

Let us be honest, Iowa is the class of the Big Ten. The fact the national media is picking Wisconsin is a direct slur on the Big Ten and a little pat on our heads to say, "don't you boys like mucking around." I even heard a jackass on ESPN saying the Iowa win over PSU was the biggest surprise of the year. Like Western Michigan over MSU or Washington over USC never happened.

The truth is, the best team in our conference, the oldest and best conference in all of college football, is Iowa. They have the best coach, the best players, and the biggest d*ckheaded, most delusional fans, probably in all of college football. If Iowa wins the Big Ten and goes to a BCS bowl, that helps recruiting here and raises the profile of the Big Ten.

Now that I have written this, I am going to go attempt suicide with a Mach III and a bottle of Listerine.

I agree with your general theory however twisted and repulsive it is...

But, I wanted to chime in on the whole rivalry thing and how things have changed over 25 years with Gopher fans. In the 80's and early 90's, if you asked a Gopher fan who their most hated rival was, they would have told you Iowa. The intense dislike of their football and basketball teams and particularly Hayden Fry, was the standard. But, mostly it was because they were winning...

Now, Gopher fans have directed their ire at our neighbors to the east. The Badgers have our attention and have won something like 7 in a row vs. our Gophers in football, and have outperformed in hoops for the last 8 years. We hate their coach (he's a Hayden Fry disciple...) and their fans. But, let's be honest. We're ticked at their winning...

Here's the kicker. If you asked Badger fans who they really despise, it would be a toss up between Iowa and Michigan. Minnesota does not garner their most heated animosity. That may change with our programs becoming more competitive, but that's the way it is now.

The one common trait here..

Minnesota and Wisconsin can stand in agreement that Iowa blows.

I live amongst the Iowa faithful (most of whom have a hard time spelling their own name) and to say they are the the class of the big 10 is a real laugher. Iowa's athletic program starts and ends with football, almost everything after that is a joke. Good team, yes.....class of the big ten I don't think so.

I live amongst the Iowa faithful (most of whom have a hard time spelling their own name) and to say they are the the class of the big 10 is a real laugher. Iowa's athletic program starts and ends with football, almost everything after that is a joke. Good team, yes.....class of the big ten I don't think so.

their 22 team national championships, 31 big ten championships, and 78 individual national champions in wrestling beg to differ.

their 22 team national championships, 31 big ten championships, and 78 individual national champions in wrestling beg to differ.

Plus the $40 million we are about to spend on facilities to upgrade men's bball, women's bball and volleyball in addition to adding weight training personnel for those sports. And the $6 million for a boathouse for crew.

I agree with your general theory however twisted and repulsive it is...

But, I wanted to chime in on the whole rivalry thing and how things have changed over 25 years with Gopher fans. In the 80's and early 90's, if you asked a Gopher fan who their most hated rival was, they would have told you Iowa. The intense dislike of their football and basketball teams and particularly Hayden Fry, was the standard. But, mostly it was because they were winning...

Now, Gopher fans have directed their ire at our neighbors to the east. The Badgers have our attention and have won something like 7 in a row vs. our Gophers in football, and have outperformed in hoops for the last 8 years. We hate their coach (he's a Hayden Fry disciple...) and their fans. But, let's be honest. We're ticked at their winning...

Here's the kicker. If you asked Badger fans who they really despise, it would be a toss up between Iowa and Michigan. Minnesota does not garner their most heated animosity. That may change with our programs becoming more competitive, but that's the way it is now.

The one common trait here..

Minnesota and Wisconsin can stand in agreement that Iowa blows.

You just blew my mind! I always assumed my hate for both was a pure thing. No strings attached, no motives, just hate. Now I find it is all about wins and losses. You have made me sad.

You are right though. I was merely annoyed at Wisc. during the 80's.. I hated Iowa!! Couldn't stand Chuck Long... Steve Carfino...

Never will I cheer for Iowa...although your points are all correct...

$6 million for a boathouse? Iowa has water?

Iowa may not have the best players, but they have the best coach by far.

You make a good point, I probably miswrote that. I meant that Iowa has the best football team in the Big Ten this season. Their overall athletic department is one of the bottom 2 or 3 in the Conference. And their fans are bucktoothed d-bags. Thought I'd reiterate that last point.

Iowa may not have the best players, but they have the best coach by far.

Probably true and yet many Iowa fans were calling for his head and that of his Offensive Coordinator about this time last year.

It was pretty hard to believe.

Top Bottom