Left tackle

I have moved this guy to my ignore list. The stuff contributed here really does remind me of G4L - a guy that muddied and wrecked this board for months. Looks like this one has had a login here for a while now so it is either a burner account or just a coincidence. Either way, annoying.

Does the ignore list go over to the new board? I only have about 3-5 people that are still active here on my ignore list. It is curious to note that of all the others on my ignore list, they have either been banned or no longer post on Gopherhole.

OK. Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts.

Just curious, why do you get so emotional and angry, when I simply bring up a valid question? If he hadn't already been replaced before, by Faalele last year, then it wouldn't be valid. But he was, and so it is.

Fleck has said they have 6 OL who he trusts this year. One was injured and didn't travel on Saturday. They aren't comfortable with replacing any of them and they don't need to based on one game. Hopefully they can bounce back this week and Dunlap is available.

I’m a semi-popular target, for no good reason.

I don’t care if you hate my takes. I’m going to share them. If you were an adult about it, you would just pass over them without needing to make yourself feel good by posting.

I have moved this guy to my ignore list. The stuff contributed here really does remind me of G4L - a guy that muddied and wrecked this board for months. Looks like this one has had a login here for a while now so it is either a burner account or just a coincidence. Either way, annoying.

Does the ignore list go over to the new board? I only have about 3-5 people that are still active here on my ignore list. It is curious to note that of all the others on my ignore list, they have either been banned or no longer post on Gopherhole.

I wasn't joking, it is 100% the same guy posting under both screen names. He started as Mnpls, then when that screen name lost all credibility (which didn't take long), he started the G4L screen name. When that screen name screwed up so badly that he was (at least temporarily) banned, he switched back to Mnpls, apparently obtusely hoping that people would've by then forgotten about his previous posting stint.

He is a plague on this board, and is easily the worst poster currently active - which is a high bar to cross. I truly do not understand why he is allowed to continue posting. Hopefully the new message board format will allow for IP bans, and we can weed the virus out that way.

Not sure why, but dpo took great pleasure in that post.

What does it say about him, that he is so emotional and angry that he has to make himself feel better by posting in a thread started by someone he claims not to be able to stand?

Why not just, not post in the thread?

OK. Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts.

Just curious, why do you get so emotional and angry, when I simply bring up a valid question? If he hadn't already been replaced before, by Faalele last year, then it wouldn't be valid. But he was, and so it is.

Not sure where you get angry out of that post but ok.

He was replaced last year because he struggled for multiple games in a row, not just Iowa. So the coaches finally decided to make a switch. Similar to Robb Smith being let go as DC.
This year he has not struggled to that level. In fact this year he has been our best OL for much of the year. So your question is not valid.

Thanks again.

I don’t agree with your opinion that it wasn’t valid to ask. But that’s what makes honest, good faith discussion a great thing. We can share opinions, without needing to agree, but remain respectful. No need to call for the banning of someone, just because you don’t like their opinion or think it isn’t valid.

I don’t see a need to bash this post. Our LT got exposed Saturday badly. We need elite players at all spots who cares if that Iowa guy is a top 10 pick or not. He had a job to do and he failed a lot.

I don’t know if Mpls is G4L or not and sure he made the cardinal error of sounding hard on SS, a homegrown kid and someone that has played better this season. But, I’m not sure grading out as our best lineman means he’s that good or the line as a whole is mediocre right now. They’re all coming back after all, have to assume some room to get better.

The advanced stats are not kind to this line, 102nd in overall sack rate and 118th on passing downs for the season. The running numbers are better but strictly average around that 40-60th ranking depending on factor being examined.

Room to grow. Thank goodness the QBs and skill players are playing out of their minds.

He does have a valid point of what can be done to negate elite ends/linemen or prevent career days? Anything?

He does have a valid point of what can be done to negate elite ends/linemen or prevent career days? Anything?

The blocking selection by both the center and RB left a lot to be desired the last series. I'm not sure which one had responsibility for the middle. The rush up the middle (Epenesa in this case) can be devastating and that's what happened here. No idea why Epenesa was left to go one-on-one while other lesser impact players were doubled up. The Gophs had problems with that in non-conference play but seemed to clean it up since then. Other than just executing better, about the only thing they could do is add another blocker (two blocking backs for example or tight end) and only send out 3 wide receivers with maybe one back being a safety valve...something like below.

Whos_the_mike_2.jpg

I don’t know if Mpls is G4L or not and sure he made the cardinal error of sounding hard on SS, a homegrown kid and someone that has played better this season. But, I’m not sure grading out as our best lineman means he’s that good or the line as a whole is mediocre right now. They’re all coming back after all, have to assume some room to get better.

The advanced stats are not kind to this line, 102nd in overall sack rate and 118th on passing downs for the season. The running numbers are better but strictly average around that 40-60th ranking depending on factor being examined.

Room to grow. Thank goodness the QBs and skill players are playing out of their minds.

He made the cardinal error of asking if we had someone on the bench that could handle Espenesa. It's a dumb question. He also made the cardinal error of not even knowing who Espenesa was or how good he is.

Did SS play great? Nope. Do we have someone on the bench who could have handled Espenesa? Nope. Who does?

It was a dumb take. It was really dumb of him to say "he's not a first round pick", then for him to google him and pretend to say "he's a first pick but he shouldn't be." The guy is an absolute clown.

I’m sure you feel better now Bob.

It makes you feel good to insult others and dishonestly represent what they say. Get it all out.

Definitely posting more like g4l...

Top Bottom