Last-second switch?

Handsome Pete, I can't speak to Mobley's intentions, but McNeal did not toy around with the U. There was absolutely a chance (a good chance) he could of signed here. He just found a better fit in Clemson.

That seems like a euphemism. First he blew us off and committed early to MI. Then when MI started poorly (and started recruiting other good players) he de-committed, and the "fit" with the U appeared pretty good when we were 7-1. Then he visited when we were blown out, we lost the rest of our games, and suddenly there wasn't a good "fit" again and he started looking around like crazy, even announcing visits to TT and PSU that never occurred, etc.

Also, after his visit he declared he wasn't talking to recruiting media any more (leading everyone to think he was a SV) but then freely granted interviews to other teams' recruiting sites. And after signing w/ Clemson, his mom goes on and on about the "christian values" of Clemson's coaches, like the U's coaches are a bunch of heathens or something.

Far too much drama for a guy who caught one TD pass his entire senior year.

Handsome Pete, I can't speak to Mobley's intentions, but McNeal did not toy around with the U. There was absolutely a chance (a good chance) he could of signed here. He just found a better fit in Clemson.

Let us agree to disagree- the beauty of a discussion board.

Told you so! I'm glad this worked out (with Carter). You have to admit, these coaches really know how to recruit!

Told you so! I'm glad this worked out (with Carter). You have to admit, these coaches really know how to recruit!

Thank you Willie for breaking this news on GH! I encourage you to post over and over, especially with great news like this!

That was just about the best "Told you so!" I've ever heard! :)

Top Bottom