Last 43 vs power 5 opponents

Record VS P5 teams that finished .500 or better in conference that year?

The year the Gophers played them... During your 43 game window.

My point is what games did they win against teams that finished the season high in the standings.
Who gives a sh!t. We are not a NC level program that can nitpick about every little thing. The point is we are a program that has not had that kind of success against power 5 programs for 50+ years.

Agreed. Otherwise I'll have to start drinking and then start reminiscing about losing to the Ohio Bobcats back in the day.
I went to that game. Worst game other than the Michigan debacle I was also at the ride home in a taxi to the hotel I could have had major road rage. Never been to angry about a game before.

My point is what games did they win against teams that finished the season high in the standings.
1-3 vs top 10 teams at MN. Ferentz for example has roughly a .300 record vs the top 10.

I don't know. Tells us.

I assume this 43 game window starts with 2019 so ya, I can go pull that after the hockey game or during intermission

This is pretty manual but here's what I found going back to 2019.

38 games vs P5 teams

Record vs teams that finished .500 or better in their conference that year:
4-10 (includes bowl win over Auburn)

Record vs teams that finished below .500 in their conference that year:
21-3 (includes bowl win over WVU)

So they beat bad teams and win about 1 in 3 over good teams.

38 games vs P5 teams

How does that compare to Iowa, wisconsin and penn state in that same timeframe

I went to that game. Worst game other than the Michigan debacle I was also at the ride home in a taxi to the hotel I could have had major road rage. Never been to angry about a game before.
I was there too. I still have the ringing in my ear of the dome announcer... Touchdown Bobcats.

Also very solid on the road/neutral, especially since the 2018 win in Madison.

3-2 this year with a game to play (assuming the Bowl is vs a P5 opponent).

38 games vs P5 teams

Shocking news.

38 games vs P5 teams

I hate stats like this. Of course our record is going to better against teams with losing records. And, of course, it's going to be worse against teams with winning records. Hardly rocket science. And guess what? It's slanted that way for every single FBS school. The more relevant comparison is our record vs Power 5 schools over time, comparing coaching tenures. I am too lazy to look it up, but it would be interesting to know the same stat (maybe Power 5 win %) for Wacker, Mason, Brewster, Kill, and now Fleck.

Don’t obscure rants and preconceived notions with facts.
You just knew that someone was going to immediately chime in with the "yeah, but we don't beat anyone good" response. And sure enough... One of the great things about Gopherhole is it's predictability. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing the same thing occurs day after day after day.

38 games vs P5 teams

This is so dumb.
Would you rather we win a couple more high level games and get swept by Northwestern and Rutgers?

Is that a better mantra to preach?

PJ us really good at winning games he shouldn't but against teams he's better than, his team is unprepared and often looses to teams like Northwestern, Rutgers, and Colorado!

Think about what you are trying to say.

If he's going to be 29-14 against Power 5 teams, he's going to lose to someone 14 times.

This is so dumb.
Would you rather we win a couple more high level games and get swept by Northwestern and Rutgers?

Is that a better mantra to preach?

PJ us really good at winning games he shouldn't but against teams he's better than, his team is unprepared and often looses to teams like Northwestern, Rutgers, and Colorado!

Think about what you are trying to say.

If he's going to be 29-14 against Power 5 teams, he's going to lose to someone 14 times.
No, he would rather win every game. As would I tbh LOL

Agreed. Otherwise I'll have to start drinking and then start reminiscing about losing to the Ohio Bobcats back in the day.
If memory serves me right this was AAK's debut as a Gopher back in the Dome Days.

First play from scrimmage the O-line collapsed allowing for Assad to be killed going back to pass.

I've always thought that hit changed him for the rest of his career.

If memory serves me right this was AAK's debut as a Gopher back in the Dome Days.

First play from scrimmage the O-line collapsed allowing for Assad to be killed going back to pass.

I've always thought that hit changed him for the rest of his career.
Still think MN might be the only team to lose to Ohio and beat Ohio state in the same season

Still think MN might be the only team to lose to Ohio and beat Ohio state in the same season
Yep...Cooper was out as OH-IO State's coach and Mase began his open flirtation and outright lobbying for the job.

I believe the quote was something like "If the phone rings I'll answer it" or similar. Not reassuring at all...

Top Bottom