La Velle: Note to P.J. Fleck: Stop your worrying and let Athan Kaliakmanis throw the ball, OK?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Neal III:

Kaliakmanis is showing his considerable potential. He will be better next season for what he goes through this season. And even better the year after that.

"I can't wait to watch the film [Sunday] just to grow and learn," he said following the Illinois game.

Jackson often has been the best receiver on the field. Spann-Ford is considered an above-average tight end. The tools, and potential, are there for a reliable aerial attack and an offense that doesn't have to rush the ball 40 times a game. But the Gophers are 93rd in the nation in passing attempts heading into their game at Purdue on Saturday. That needs to change.

For the sake of development, Fleck should let the kid throw and not worry about negative outcomes. Or he should petition the NCAA to end games after one half.

Go Gophers!!

Per Neal III:

Kaliakmanis is showing his considerable potential. He will be better next season for what he goes through this season. And even better the year after that.

"I can't wait to watch the film [Sunday] just to grow and learn," he said following the Illinois game.

Jackson often has been the best receiver on the field. Spann-Ford is considered an above-average tight end. The tools, and potential, are there for a reliable aerial attack and an offense that doesn't have to rush the ball 40 times a game. But the Gophers are 93rd in the nation in passing attempts heading into their game at Purdue on Saturday. That needs to change.

For the sake of development, Fleck should let the kid throw and not worry about negative outcomes. Or he should petition the NCAA to end games after one half.

Go Gophers!!
Lavelle, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Stick to the Twins.

Tough to keep on chuckin’ when your second half is 2-11 or 1-9. Seems like it could be attempted suicide. If he could come out of the locker room at 4-6 or 4-7 but 1-6 or 0-5 makes it tough to build that confidence especially in a close game.

Per Neal III:

Go Gophers!!
Most goperholers could write a better column than Neal III when it comes to college football. In fact, it's not close.

I agree with Lavelle here. Guess I am the problem.

You’d think that now with his bar closed and he is longer spending 8 hours a night shoving his fat head full of frozen pizza while me tooing some chubby stripper reject he could have a little more time to actual research what he writes.

Nope.

I agree with Lavelle here. Guess I am the problem.
I disagree with you but you’ve watched the Gophers play. LEN is just writing for clicks and is somehow too lazy to even watch college football.

Unlistenable on the radio after 15 yrs of being on the radio.

I disagree with you but you’ve watched the Gophers play. LEN is just writing for clicks and is somehow too lazy to even watch college football.
I'll give you that. I almost always disagree with LEN and his uneducated takes.

Last week, we were getting no push up front and couldn't get the running game going at all. AK threw the ball well and players were making plays in the first half. So why were we handing the ball off in the second half to Nubin over and over to go nowhere? That puts it all on the defense to not make a mistake, which they ended up doing on the final drive.

The conservative strategy can work if you have a back like Mo (maybe Darius Taylor can be that guy, but he's injured). Nubin is not that guy yet.

AK has 3 completed passes in the second half in the last two games combined. Hard to complete more when he's handing it off.

Maybe I am naive in thinking if we keep our foot on the gas on offense, we can win some of these games we should have won.

This reminds me of a few weeks ago when the Gophers tried to pass like 25 times in the second half (and completed 1 pass), and the media shit all over the place yelling about why they “ran the clock out and played so conservative” or whatever. Do these clown even watch the games?

Last week, we were getting no push up front and couldn't get the running game going at all. AK threw the ball well and players were making plays in the first half. So why were we handing the ball off in the second half to Nubin over and over to go nowhere? That puts it all on the defense to not make a mistake, which they ended up doing on the final drive.

The conservative strategy can work if you have a back like Mo (maybe Darius Taylor can be that guy, but he's injured). Nubin is not that guy yet.

AK has 3 completed passes in the second half in the last two games combined. Hard to complete more when he's handing it off.

Maybe I am naive in thinking if we keep our foot on the gas on offense, we can win some of these games we should have won.
I agree with you on the placalling. I’m just saying LEN chirping in is annoying because he does not watch college football and absolutely does not watch the Gophers.

This reminds me of a few weeks ago when the Gophers tried to pass like 25 times in the second half (and completed 1 pass), and the media shit all over the place yelling about why they “ran the clock out and played so conservative” or whatever. Do these clown even watch the games?
What game was that??

LENIII is awful, but in this case he speaks truth.

Anything that Lavelle writes about the Gophers is a complete waste of time. Just another reason why the Strib sucks. Don't even bother employing people who give a damn about the Gophers.

I don't think I've ever seen Athan throw the ball 'well'

I don't think I've ever seen Athan throw the ball 'well'
He has arm "talent", so he makes some throws that make you think he is the guy. But bad mechanics create too many inaccurate throws and play calling doesn't give him many opportunities to get in rhythm.

He has arm "talent", so he makes some throws that make you think he is the guy. But bad mechanics create too many inaccurate throws and play calling doesn't give him many opportunities to get in rhythm.
Just a tough transition from Morgan who by the time he graduated had perfect form even if he didn't have 'talent'.

Top Bottom