Kudos Kill, staff and players.

balds

Reaction score
Top notch!! I've been to several (nearly all) Gopher events over the past decade. This starts from the top. Kind, fun, optimistic, caring, giving, respectful...I ran out of superlatives to describe this team/coaches. I was near coach Phelps when he was breaking down rush technique to some recruits. I was ready to run through a brick wall for that guy.

Yesterday after the spring game ended it was fun to see the players up close. I wanted to go see coach kill and have a picture with him but he was mobbed with people. I thought we wouldn't have a chance as he would never get through all those people. He was so friendly and open and took the time to greet all the little kids. He was the last person off that field and took the time for anyone who wanted a chance to shake his hand. True class. Way to go coach.

Hanging around KJ Maye after the game and a little boy was talking to him. The kid told him about how he just missed receiving KJs gloves after the Bowl game last year. KJ then took off his gloves gave them to the kid and said, "well here ya go!" The kid was so happy! Classy group of men coach Kill is bringing up.
Ski U Mah!

A small gesture that was greatly appreciated was at the conclusion of the autograph session a staff member with the athletic department saw my 4 year old son with his AFO brace on his foot from surgery last month. Walking is a slow process for him. The staff member let us walk out of the stadium through the tunnel with the players so he wouldn't have to make the trek up all the steps. He thought it was really cool to see the belly of the stadium. Thanks guys.

Jerry Kill and his staff have done an incredible job with this team. Not only producing a great football team, but producing great young men. I brought my 2-year old, and although he may not remember much of this, the pics of him on the field, with the players and coaches, are something he'll forever cherish, and he had such a blast running around the field and meeting these giants in football gear that turned out to be some of the nicest and most genuine young men you'd ever hope to meet. Each one that he approached, with his little gold gopher hat all got down on a knee, just to get closer to interact with him. It was something special.
I too, will never forget it and will definitely make this an annual tradition for him.
11156215_10152686305640800_8984615037891387886_n.jpg

If you have kids between 2nd and 7th grade, there is still time to sign up for a free Coach Kill Camp this Saturday at the practice complex:

Link

I've had my boys there the past 3 years, and it is awesome. The team breaks out in groups; LBs, O-Line, et al. And the kids move from station to station with the players coaching them through a drill at each location. The staff is not involved in the coaching, just the players. So the kids get to have them holding blocking dummies, throwing them passes, etc. The enthusiasm from the players is incredible.

You can really see how the change in culture starts at the top, and moves all the way down to the players.

Highly recommended.

Top Bottom