KU/UMass Game

GopherLady

Reaction score
Did anyone else see this game? Kansas lost to UMass at HOME! 60-61 was the final score. KU had a few chances to win this game, with about 20 seconds left, they fouled UMass and they missed both of their free throws. So, they had the ball, they were fouled, in-bounded the ball with 13 seconds left, got a shot off, got the rebound, lost the rebound, got the ball back, got another shot off...and lost! Poor Bill Self. I may have to call and console him :(.

No doubt this is an embarrassing loss for the defending champs, UMASS came into the game at 2-6 with losses to sub .500 teams in S. Ill and Toledo, along with losses to perennial powerhouses UW-Green Bay and Jacksonville St. Gotta take care of your business against lesser teams, I'm glad we have so far, let's not slip up against SE Louisiana or High Point. We can't lose focus like we did 5 minutes into the SDSU game.

My bad. It was at the Sprint center. I just saw it was in Kansas and their band and all their fans were there.

Missouri actually.

It was a bad loss but games like this were to be expected with such a young team. Teams are learning to pack the paint to limit Aldrich's touches. Too much is expected of Collins on offense. He needs one of the other guards to step up. A couple guys are capable but not on a consistent basis at this point. They also need help on the wing and should get it when Mario Little returns next week. When you shoot less than 33% from the field, you should lose. KU did that but had the ball with a chance to win.

I'm a little confused about the Bill Self comment. He is a great guy and a top 5 coach.

I'm a little confused about the Bill Self comment. He is a great guy and a top 5 coach.
GopherLady has a huge crush on Bill Self ... she's just preempting comments from those of us who've been on the board for a while and have heard her rave and fantasize about Bill Self, Tom Izzo, etc. (Stand back if J'son Stamper ever returns to the Barn!)

:D

Boy did I screw up my pick per day today

Top Bottom