KU gives hope to programs that don't recruit a lot of Top 100 players

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Athletic:

The Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) started tracking the cumulative rankings of college basketball recruits in 1999. Since 2001 when that first class tracked were sophomores, every national champion has had at least four top 100 players in its rotation.

Until Monday night.

The Jayhawks won a national title with just two top-100 players in the regular rotation — McCormack (30) and Jalen Wilson (51).

Go Gophers!!

It has to be a b***h with only 10 4 stars on your roster.
I wonder if this is just a rare fluke where this current Kansas team only has 2 top 100 guys on it because it would sure seem like a place like Kansas would have more.

But yeah, they are not exactly hurting for talent out there even if it isn't top 100 guys.

I wonder if this is just a rare fluke where this current Kansas team only has 2 top 100 guys on it because it would sure seem like a place like Kansas would have more.

But yeah, they are not exactly hurting for talent out there even if it isn't top 100 guys.
They have 6 on the roster, but only 2 in the rotation.

Well can't say the athletic doesnt know how to generate clicks. Its amazing Self won it this year, that roster must have been no better than ours or Oregon St's!

Shesh what a joke, Obgaji is going to be a 1st rounder, Braun late1st 2nd type guy, Wilson will get drafted MAYBE late 1st, mccormick maybe will get picked, Remy was the preseason player of the year and put up a ton of pts at ASU, and I guess if you are just worried about stars their fringe players like Lightfoot are all 4* guys. Woe is Kansas, how will that poor little bball program get off the ground! Chris Beard and Porter Moser were on some pregame show and got asked about their "lack of talent" and both looked like GTFO here with that thought.

Kansas has 4 top 50 recruits committed next year, I believe.

Top Bottom