KO KIEFT!

Best news all day. Favorite Gopher to watch this season.

Teach Tampa people how to cut their hair big boy. Good for you.

@USAF owes @Urbandale a glass of milk!

FWIW, I put his chances of being drafted quite low (like 10%), but I did think he'd absolutely catch on somewhere. Like I said in that combine thread where he was being debated, LOTS of teams value blocking TE's...the general public just doesn't know who they are because they rarely catch a pass. Kieft was elite at what he did, and that's marketable. We'll see if he can hang around, but what a cool day for him.

He was a real trench warrior for the Gophers. Blocking TEs are seldom heard from, but good ones are hard to come by. Kudos to Tampa Bay for recognizing that he is a great one.

FWIW, I put his chances of being drafted quite low (like 10%), but I did think he'd absolutely catch on somewhere. Like I said in that combine thread where he was being debated, LOTS of teams value blocking TE's...the general public just doesn't know who they are because they rarely catch a pass. Kieft was elite at what he did, and that's marketable. We'll see if he can hang around, but what a cool day for him.
I'll spring for an entire half gallon!

Congrats Ko!

I'll spring for an entire half gallon!

Congrats Ko!
What flavor is maroon colored? We can all have ice-cream tailgate some day. I'll pitch in.

Kieft reminds me of Bankruptcy Lawyer Jack Prescott's old ad that ran over-and-over. It went something like "I only do one thing and I do it well." I frankly think Kieft can do more than one thing on the football field; he just wasn't asked to do much more than being a devastating blocker in the Gopher offense. Good luck to him. There's no doubt he's going to leave it all on the field.

Everyone reacting at the same time at the :04 mark. :ROFLMAO:

Very cool that they got it on video and so fun to see the reactions of the people there with him. Added bonus of having TJ and Antoine already out there to help him feel more comfortable.

Is there a Ko highlight video anywhere?

You bet he does! My ulcer is feeling better already!

I think most people will forget that Ko Kieft was a high school QB who was previously a NDSU commit. glad he made the smart switch to the gophers

make us proud in the NFL

I think he sticks on the roster. Nasty blocker. Great team to be drafted by for him!
You can't help but smile that he is getting rewarded for his hard work.

Nothing is more Ko Kieft than watching the NFL draft and waiting for a call that will change your life in somebody's garage. Congrats, Ko!!

I think he sticks on the roster. Nasty blocker. Great team to be drafted by for him!
You can't help but smile that he is getting rewarded for his hard work.
Will be interesting to see if he has enough quickness to make himself useful on special teams. If he can do that he will greatly increase his chance of sticking with the team.

Will be interesting to see if he has enough quickness to make himself useful on special teams. If he can do that he will greatly increase his chance of sticking with the team.

For sure, he has a great chance to make the team on merit alone. He probably will.

But, the fact he was drafted, gives him a great chance of making the team to start the season at least. Teams don't like to cut draft picks that early as it makes them look like they had a poor pick. His chances of making the team increased greatly by being a sixth round pick over a street free agent.

Top Bottom