Kiss of Death: Sid says USD game will be "no contest"

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
Listened to Sid and Dave on the way to work this morning and Sid said tomorrow's game will be "no contest" and Weber and Bennett will have huge days. This very well could happen but Sid says this every year when they play NDSU, SDSU, or whoever and when those fans call in the following morning to his show, he back pedals like the arrogant pr!ck he is and has no rebuttal.

Listening to Sid and Dave in the morning is painful. Sid can't hear anything and he sounds like a drunken Sconny with his slurred speech and mispronounciations. Dave even makes fun of him which is kinda funny in itself.

Yeah probably. I think though, that we control the lines. Different than the past. Not worried.

Why would you be worried? You'd think by year 4 under Brewster being "worried" about a game vs. a D2 school wouldn't even cross your mind. This game is a joke. It's like Cretin playing a 9-man team....

I-AA or FCS if you insist is not D-II. The world of college football has changed, it's no longer unthinkable for a I-AA team to beat a I-A team. That being said, we should win handily.

Why would you be worried? You'd think by year 4 under Brewster being "worried" about a game vs. a D2 school wouldn't even cross your mind. This game is a joke. It's like Cretin playing a 9-man team....

I disagree. I'm pretty sure Cretin would have no difficulty beating any team with an extra two players on the field at all times.

Listened to Sid and Dave on the way to work this morning and Sid said tomorrow's game will be "no contest" and Weber and Bennett will have huge days. This very well could happen but Sid says this every year when they play NDSU, SDSU, or whoever and when those fans call in the following morning to his show, he back pedals like the arrogant pr!ck he is and has no rebuttal.

Listening to Sid and Dave in the morning is painful. Sid can't hear anything and he sounds like a drunken Sconny with his slurred speech and mispronounciations. Dave even makes fun of him which is kinda funny in itself.

This morning at 7:40 was a particularly bad morning for Sid. Some days he more coherent than others, which is typical for a 90+ year old man..... He keeps bragging/advertising for his new Starkey Hearing Aids ... but it's funny because at least one out of three questions he still doesn't hear.

I-AA or FCS if you insist is not D-II. The world of college football has changed, it's no longer unthinkable for a I-AA team to beat a I-A team. That being said, we should win handily.

This game is loser-proof. They are only 3-years removed from being D-II. In other words, they have players who went there thinking they would be playing St. Cloud St., etc.

This game is loser-proof. They are only 3-years removed from being D-II. In other words, they have players who went there thinking they would be playing St. Cloud St., etc.

I don't think the move to D-I came as any surprise to the players.

Listened to Sid and Dave on the way to work this morning...Listening to Sid and Dave in the morning is painful.

No wonder you're such a miserable pr!ck. Do you often willingly inflict pain on yourself? Self mutilation, perhaps?

It's all the same. The Gophers are D-I and USD is a level below them - thus "D-II". The NCAA is just trying to be politically correct so they don't hurt anyone's feelings and saying schools like USD are still technically D-I but assigned them a I-AA or FCS label. If they were truly D-I teams they would be eligible for bowl games.

It's all the same. The Gophers are D-I and USD is a level below them - thus "D-II". The NCAA is just trying to be politically correct so they don't hurt anyone's feelings and saying schools like USD are still technically D-I but assigned them a I-AA or FCS label. If they were truly D-I teams they would be eligible for bowl games.

The biggest difference between D1 and D2 is scholarships, not bowl games.

FBS = 85 schollies
FCS = 63 schollies

I don't care what the NCAA labels programs like USD, NDSU, or SDSU - they are not D-I IMHO. Why don't other sports have sub divisions like this?

It is not the same. Yes, they are a level below us, but it is not D-II. D-II is two levels below us. D-II allows a maximum of 36 scholarships, while I-AA allows 63. I-AA is not D-II.

It is not the same. Yes, they are a level below us, but it is not D-II. D-II is two levels below us. D-II allows a maximum of 36 scholarships, while I-AA allows 63. I-AA is not D-II.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe D2 offers any full rides. I think it is 75%. At least it was in the mid 90's.

Being 3 years removed from D-II doesn't matter in the least to me. NDSU was 2 or 3 years (can't remember exactly, i know they were still ineligible for playoffs) removed from D-II status when we lost to them. The point is, we have to come to play either way, no game is easy. On the other hand, Central Florida just beat USD 38-7 so I'll be disappointed if we don't dominate the game.

They knew at least a year or two ahead of time that they were going to DI-AA so I doubt that is the case, except maybe for a few 5th year seniors.

Subdividing one of them into 2 doesn't make them equal.

Who said they were?

By definition, they are not. The stupid names they came up with even overtly dictate that they are not equal.

"B" = Bowl
"C" = Championship

See the difference?

I have yet to see an argument anywhere ever in the history of time that I-A and I-AA are the same thing. If they were, they wouldn't have made two different division Is.

No one said they were equal. But D-II actually MEANS something. I-AA is not D-II.

Let's be honest. Is South Dakota really any different than Idaho?

Let's be honest. Is South Dakota really any different than Idaho?

You talking about the teams or the states?

Teams, absolutely. The Vandals would absolutely crush the Yotes.

States, yes as well. Idaho raises mostly potatoes, some wheat, and has a fairly active lumbering industry.

South Dakota has a far more diverse and productive ag industry, producing a lot of cattle, sheep, hogs, corn, wheat, soybeans, etc. South Dakota is also among the nation's leaders in ethanol and gold production. Many banks and credit card companies are based in South Dakota too.

Have any more lame attempts at humor?

Top Bottom