Kill stuck it out until the facilities passed

Golden_Sloth

Reaction score
Thinking more about the timing of Kill's decision to retire, I wonder if he didn't fight through until the facilities vote had passed. Especially considering the Teague scandal and how involved in the fundraising Kill had been, it isn't that hard to imagine that the vote may not have passed if Kill had retired before the Regents meeting. As much as losing him sucks, it would suck even more if we didn't have an important groundbreaking imminent.

The facilities should go down as part of Kill's legacy, in addition to his coaching accomplishments.

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should have retired before the Nebraska game... His Gopher record would have been 29-28....he retired today at 29-29.

On second thought, Kill doesn't strike me as a guy who would give two rats asses about that.

Truly hope his name appears on one of those buildings.

Thinking more about the timing of Kill's decision to retire, I wonder if he didn't fight through until the facilities vote had passed. Especially considering the Teague scandal and how involved in the fundraising Kill had been, it isn't that hard to imagine that the vote may not have passed if Kill had retired before the Regents meeting. As much as losing him sucks, it would suck even more if we didn't have an important groundbreaking imminent.

The facilities should go down as part of Kill's legacy, in addition to his coaching accomplishments.

I honestly think Flip's passing may have been the thing that finally got him mentally to the point where he was ready to listen to his doctors and put his health and future above doing the thing that he loves. I really don't think his stepping down before the vote would have had any impact on the facilities project passing or not. Kill was a key advocate for it and an important part of the process but it has been inevitable for quite some time now that the facilities project was going to happen it was just a matter or when not if.

I'm sure it will end up being a corporate donor, but would be very cool to have something on the football side named for Kill and something on the basketball side be named for Flip. Whether that be a building, a court, a field, heck, one squat rack. Hopefully we can do something to honor and remember them both.

I'm sure it will end up being a corporate donor, but would be very cool to have something on the football side named for Kill and something on the basketball side be named for Flip. Whether that be a building, a court, a field, heck, one squat rack. Hopefully we can do something to honor and remember them both.

The Jerry Kill Squat Rack. I like it.

Top Bottom