Kill: Average weight gain of O-line is 15-20lbs of muscle

On a semi-related note, Coach Limegrover is down 118 pounds. Big shout out to him!

Nate Sandell ‏@NSandell
Biggest transformation from spring to fall camp came from OC Matt Limegrover, who has dropped an amazing 118 pounds. #Gophers

Limegrover on losing the weight: "It was just the time ... If I’m not at my best how are we going to be at our best as an offense." #Gophers

Limegrover : "I probably had 10 times the energy today than I did at any point last season. I get up & I’m excited about going to practice"

Wow. . .118 lbs is a TON of weight. Congrats to Coach Limegrover.

As I said in another thread, I am really looking forward to the competition this fall on the right side of the line, from C to RT. I just hope we have some RBs in the stable who can take advantage of this new and improved OL. I know Gray will, but he needs help.

Yeah, that's really going to be an intriguing competition. There are just so many possibilities, it would seem like Mottla, Epping, Bjorklund, Christensen, Campion and Bak are fighting for two starting spots. (Not 100% sure if Campion is still considered a G/T or if he is just a T now).

Yeah, that's really going to be an intriguing competition. There are just so many possibilities, it would seem like Mottla, Epping, Bjorklund, Christensen, Campion and Bak are fighting for two starting spots. (Not 100% sure if Campion is still considered a G/T or if he is just a T now).

So, by your comment you expect Gjere to have the RT locked up? I thought Lenkiewicz might push him a bit, but you are probably right. I also thought Kyle McAvoy might be in the mix somewhere but he is likely a year or so away from that.

Actually a ton of weight is 2000 pounds. I'm surprised that you didn't know that, Bob.

Actually a ton is referred to as a short ton = 2000 pounds.

A long ton = metric ton = 1000 kilograms = 2240 pounds.

One must distinguish between a long ton and a short ton or everyone gets confused.

Hence, Limegrover lost ,059 short tons or .0527 long tons.

I am surprised you didn't know that, ekmn. :)

Like most people, I know just enough to let me feel superior, as long as no one bursts my bubble.

No problem, the main thing is that Coach Limegrover is to be commended for his accomplishment.

So, by your comment you expect Gjere to have the RT locked up? I thought Lenkiewicz might push him a bit, but you are probably right. I also thought Kyle McAvoy might be in the mix somewhere but he is likely a year or so away from that.

Campion has been the 1st string RT the first 2 practices...But that is with Gjere on "the development team" working his way back from injury.

There's a reason Kill sent 2 RB's to the NFL from a small school like SIU, though he should have had 3 (Muhammad Abdulqaadir was pretty much black balled by the FBI... even Brandon Jacobs said he was good enough). His staff knows how to coach up the O-Line. Now I know Deji Karim's breakout season was under our current coach Dale Lennon, but it was Lennon's second year and the upper class men were all Kill kids. No surprise that Lennon's first 2 seasons we made the playoffs, then when all the Kill kids started leaving, SIU has been sub-par (5-6 and 4-7 the past 2 years).

Hold out hope guys... this might not be THE turnaround year, but it IS coming.

No, I didn't mean to insinuate that it was his spot. I think the RT position is going to be a dog fight as well. Gjere is in the mix, it sounds like Campion is running with the 1s, Bush, Lenkiawicz and McAvoy are all there as well. I don't know if the staff slots anyone at LT, like I don't know if they look at Bush Lenkiawicz as the backup LT, but assuming they are all in a competition for RT, that's going to be an interesting situation. For some reason, I read your post as asking about C and RG, but yeah, C all the way to RT is interesting.

Top Bottom