Kill: “We play San Jose State, who has probably the best quarterback in the country"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Kill: “We play San Jose State, who has probably the best quarterback in the country"

per Sid:

Kill talks San Jose State

Gophers football coach Jerry Kill recently talked about how tough the upcoming schedule will be, not only this year but in the years to come.

“We play San Jose State, who has probably the best quarterback in the country [David Fales], I think everybody assumes he’s going to be a first-round draft pick and the first quarterback coming out, and they won [11] games last year,” Kill said of the Gophers’ opponent Sept. 21. at TCF Bank Stadium “There’s nothing easy about our schedule the next three years. We have a challenge, but I think our biggest challenge is how we practice, how we get the kids prepared, and we have to stay healthy.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/215396501.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

I'm actually really nervous about this game. I know they have a new coaching staff, and lost some talent but they a good QB can go a long ways. In fairness, though, I pretty much felt the same about the Syracuse game last year.

I have no fear or anxiety about this upcoming game with SJSU. I will quietly drink and smoke myself to death on a day to day relaxed life, knowing that no amount of emotion from me will mean diddly. I let the Coaches, Players, and maniacal fans worry about it.

So, with that, I am still a Gopher Fan who tries to keep everything in perspective.

USA Today does say that Fales is the best QB in the nation that you have never heard of. They also have SJSU ranked #70, and of course, the Gophers #77.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lege-football-countdown-2013-preview/2465169/

They have a new head coach though, so there could be some transitional issues the Gophers can take advantage of. Unfortunately, San Jose has two weeks to prepare for Minnesota.

Fales last year: 327 of 451 for 4,193 yds, 33TD, 4INT.

Team returns 7 starters on OFF (2 WR, 2G, C, RT, QB). 5 Starters on DEF: (DT, 2 OLB, ILB, CB).

New Head coach. Team is switching from 3-4 to 4-3 defense.

San Jose St QB getting huge PR

It has been a good summer so far for San Jose St QB David Fales. He was picked 14th overall in one NFL mock draft for next year, and now he gets full-on SI treatment with this article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...fales-san-jose-state/?sct=hp_t13_a3&eref=sihp

And I do not think people are overstating his skills. He will be difficult for the Gophers to stop. And it will be a huge game for San Jose St, as their only other big name game is 2 weeks previous to our game, at Stanford. I hope we have the ground game going strong to pound the ball and limit San Jose States time with the the ball.

Big Ten network should have put this game on at 7pm........not Indiana-Mizzo

gophs 28 - sjs 13

I will be super pumped if we can hold them to 13 points. I think if we expect to win, it will have to be in a shootout. My guess is this will be a tougher game than the following week against Iowa.

Top Bottom