Kiffin: USC Playing Northern Illinois on Saturday...

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
USC is preparing to play Northern Illinois based on an excerpt from a regular feature at the Rivals USC site called "Quoting Kiffin:"

Practice Three of Game Week...

(Rivals: On looking at Northern Illinois schemes and Minnesota personnel)
--“Yeah we haven’t really spent much time on the actual personnel themselves. Outside of the unique guys like the quarterback, the rest of it has just been schemework that they did at Northern Illinois, they really haven’t changed over the years from the places they’ve been. I think his entire staff has been together forever so they know what they’re doing, they’re coached extremely well. I don’t anticipate a lot of surprise in what they do because that’s not who they are and they just do things really, really well and keep repeating them. It’s really been more about scheme than personnel.")

(Rivals: Do you put Minnesota personnel in Northern Illinois schemes?)
--“Yeah we do. We just know that they’ve kind of moved some guys around on defense, you know to fit their personnel, what they’re looking.")

I guess if the Gophers do surprise the Men of Troy, maybe it will because of the personnel and not the schemes themselves...since they know what's coming scheme-wise...hhmmmnnnn....

Here's the full link:

http://usc.scout.com/2/1101258.html

Go Gophers! In Kill We Trust!

Top Bottom