Kickoff time announcement for Michigan pushed back

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U tweet: "Just got word from the Big Ten that we will not know the start time of our Michigan game until six days before the game. #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

It could only be 11am or 2:30pm, right?

NW and Wisconsin are off on the 3rd. The only game that's not in the Eastern time zone is Michigan at Minnesota. The other games are Illinois@Ohio State, Iowa@Indiana, Penn State@Purdue and Nebraska@Michigan State. That said, I'd still bet dimes to donuts that the Gopher game starts at 11.

Hate this. The whole way start times are handled and doled out couldn not be more fan unfriendly.

NW and Wisconsin are off on the 3rd. The only game that's not in the Eastern time zone is Michigan at Minnesota. The other games are Illinois@Ohio State, Iowa@Indiana, Penn State@Purdue and Nebraska@Michigan State. That said, I'd still be dimes to donuts that the Gopher game starts at 11.

Nebraska @ MSU will be the ABC game at 2:30, right? The other 3 games are complete turds. I could see Michigan @ Minnesota being a BTN 2:30 game and the other 3 being spread among ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/BTN @ 11am

Nebraska @ MSU will be the ABC game at 2:30, right? The other 3 games are complete turds. I could see Michigan @ Minnesota being a BTN 2:30 game and the other 3 being spread among ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/BTN @ 11am
I don't see how MSU/Nebraska isn't the ABC game. That's the only one with any widespread intrigue.

Not necessarily

I don't see how MSU/Nebraska isn't the ABC game. That's the only one with any widespread intrigue.

If MSU loses at Wisconsin and Nebraska loses to Michigan on Saturday. A MSU/Nebraska is a pretty lousy November game. Both teams would be realistically eliminated from the division race.

OSU kicking the crap out of Illinois would be a better ratings winner.

The SEC will have games on ESPN, ESPN2, & ESPNU at Noon on November 3.

For once, I am hoping for the 11 AM kickoff, so I'll be able to hit the hockey game in Mankato that night.

So of course, I expect the 2:30 PM kickoff instead.

Any speculation on what that might mean for Big Ten games? Would there be more than one game at 11 on BTN? Or would ABC have one too?

I doubt that there would be a noon ABC game since there is nowhere to "reverse mirror" for out-of-footprint. Since Nebraska joined the B1G and ABC/ESPN waived the 3:30 exclusivity clause, I have never seen the definitive method of rules and restrictions updated for picking league games.

If you want "speculation"', I'd guess three Noon (ET) BTN games and another at 3:30, opposite the ABC/reverse mirror game. Worth noting is that ESPN has nothing across the board (incl 2/U) at 3:30, and its not out of the realm of possibility to see a 2nd ESPN. (Likely U) at 3:30.

There will be at least three 2:30 games on the 3rd; from the B1G:

Three of the five games will appear on ABC (regional, with outer market distribution on ESPN or ESPN2), ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU and those games will be broadcast at 3:30 p.m. ET. BTN will broadcast the remaining two games at either Noon or 3:30 p.m. ET.

So that said, I think you definitely have Nebraska-MSU in the ABC slot, Illinois-Ohio State, Michigan-Minnesota and Purdue-Penn State vying for the other two 2:30 slots. Probably will come down to who wins our game this weekend.

I think our gametime is going to depend on if we beat Purdue or not. A 5-3 gopher team coming off a win about to play Michigan at home with a bowl berth in a sixth win at stake is much more intriguing than a 4-4 team. This is just from the networks prospective of course and not a general fans perspective. IMO.

I know it's all driven by ratings and TV, but it sure would be swell if the conference stood behind its statement that they were trying to eliminate 11 o'clock starts.

Top Bottom