KFAN's program director welcomes emails

Doogie

Reaction score
Chad Abbott, KFAN program director, asked me to pass along his email address ... [email protected] ... email him with any questions, etc.

Helps the site...helps the station....

Everyone plays, everyone wins, right?

Danny B. is the big ticket at KFAN and most of his show is schtick. I'm guessing most of you think Carl Gerbschmidt is a real person.

Danny B. is the big ticket at KFAN and most of his show is schtick. I'm guessing most of you think Carl Gerbschmidt is a real person.

I'm nearly convinced you're the man himself. Dan Cole is schtick, Barriero is an egotstical dickhead who cannot get through the day without making sure, in one way or another, everyone knows how important he is.

Dear Chad,

What to you care, you ALWAYS say that there is not any real interest in the Gophers. Thanks for simoltaniously trying to cover the Gophers and then when you fail horribly (see PA and Bald Dan) saying, "well it doesn't really matter, because it is a really small nitche, we do research on this! When they get better, we'll pay more attention."

I think the thing that baffles me about KFAN is that there isn't a spot in ANY of their programs to have an intelligent discussion of any college sports. I'm not expecting Barreiro to spend time talking about the Gophers. His show is "entertainment" - it's not sports analysis or sports coverage. You don't listen to his show to be informed, you listen to be entertained. I, personally, don't listen to his show much anymore. I already know what he's going to say about just about any topic that will come up. Plus, I get enough whining from my kids, I don't need to listen to a 50-something-year-old man whine on the radio.

Why can't KFAN find a different show to talk about college sports though? Football, basketball, hockey???

I think the thing that baffles me about KFAN is that there isn't a spot in ANY of their programs to have an intelligent discussion of any college sports. I'm not expecting Barreiro to spend time talking about the Gophers. His show is "entertainment" - it's not sports analysis or sports coverage. You don't listen to his show to be informed, you listen to be entertained. I, personally, don't listen to his show much anymore. I already know what he's going to say about just about any topic that will come up. Plus, I get enough whining from my kids, I don't need to listen to a 50-something-year-old man whine on the radio.

Why can't KFAN find a different show to talk about college sports though? Football, basketball, hockey???

This is probably a question you should email to Chad Abbott, that is what this thread is for.

[/B]
This is probably a question you should email to Chad Abbott, that is what this thread is for.

I found the programming on signing day to be pretty ironic.

You had Dan Barriero ripping the Gophers for signing a recruiting class that wasn't ranked high enough by the recruiting gurus. Meanwhile in Columbus the afternoon radio shows were reviewing the bios of the players signed, interviewing the local signees, and otherwise making a big deal about the incoming class.

I wonder why MN high school kids don't want to sign here?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't take a vested interest in the program and then rips it is an emeny of the program. The people on this site who are critical do not fit into that category because they committ their time and money to the program and wish to see it succeed. Sid Hartman and WCCO don't fit into that category because they and their staff are committed to the U. Dan Barriero does fit into that category, and by extension, KFAN to some extent also does (I'd make an exception for Rosen).

I'm nearly convinced you're the man himself. Dan Cole is schtick, Barriero is an egotstical dickhead who cannot get through the day without making sure, in one way or another, everyone knows how important he is.

I've been guessing Art is actually Reusse since last year...either that or a grumpy, sarcastic, trite and pessimistic person. Now that I think about it, it could be A and B.

Take a look at Art's posts...you won't find a single hint of optimism of support for the Gophers in any of his posts. You'll find plenty of pessimism, cynicism and a strong knowledge of the MN sports/media scene in just about every post. This would be consistent with the aforementioned cantankerous writer/broadcaster. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I've been guessing Art is actually Reusse since last year...either that or a grumpy, sarcastic, trite and pessimistic person. Now that I think about it, it could be A and B.

Take a look at Art's posts...you won't find a single hint of optimism of support for the Gophers in any of his posts. You'll find plenty of pessimism, cynicism and a strong knowledge of the MN sports/media scene in just about every post. This would be consistent with the aforementioned cantankerous writer/broadcaster. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

But does Reusse watch Seinfeld?

But does Reusse watch Seinfeld?

I wouldn't be surprised...George Costanza is the character he takes after most...how fitting to pick your moniker as the fictional character of a fictional deadbeat, penny pinching, pessimistic exporter-outporter/architect/latex factory worker. I love Seinfeld.

I found the programming on signing day to be pretty ironic.

You had Dan Barriero ripping the Gophers for signing a recruiting class that wasn't ranked high enough by the recruiting gurus. Meanwhile in Columbus the afternoon radio shows were reviewing the bios of the players signed, interviewing the local signees, and otherwise making a big deal about the incoming class.

I wonder why MN high school kids don't want to sign here?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't take a vested interest in the program and then rips it is an emeny of the program. The people on this site who are critical do not fit into that category because they committ their time and money to the program and wish to see it succeed. Sid Hartman and WCCO don't fit into that category because they and their staff are committed to the U. Dan Barriero does fit into that category, and by extension, KFAN to some extent also does (I'd make an exception for Rosen).

BINGO bizzatch-gopher (I can't say the B portion of your name).

He's like the worst troll on this site, but with a far wider audience.

This. I wish more people on here would make that distinction.

Some people are cynical because they are sad humans who just like to criticize others and could care less about the team. If they weren't trashing Brewster they would just be trashing something else.

Some people love the team and want it to do well, but question the direction it is heading.

Although it seems like those two groups are the same from a black/white perspective, they aren't. You can have a constructive conversation with the latter. The former isn't worth anyone's time.

Top Bottom