KEYS TO VICTORY Vs WISCO 🪓

Gopher Fitz

Reaction score
Alright gopher faithful, what is our keys to success today. What are the things we need to do and the things that Wisconsin needs to fail at for a gopher win?

Make big tackles. Score big points.

Seriously....I think it comes down to which Tanner Morgan shows up. Iowa Tanner Morgan shows up....and we probably lose.

win the line of scrimmage on both sides with our old guys

+2 on turnovers or I just can’t see it happening. Our offense is so easy to defend for a D as good as UW. Mertz could give us a couple ints if we can get pressure. He sucks big time.

Since the west title is out of reach with Iowa's win yesterday and are huge underdogs today the Gophers have nothing to lose. Be aggressive, take some shots down field, if they are in 4th and goal inside the five GO FOR IT. If there are any plays they haven't used yet this year this is the day to use it.

Sadly with Sanford here i don't see that happening. They had nothing to lose last year and were conservative against the badgers. Hope I'm wrong.

Open up the play calling , gain 4+/carry and throw to the TE ! All easier said than done........

Since the west title is out of reach with Iowa's win yesterday and are huge underdogs today the Gophers have nothing to lose. Be aggressive, take some shots down field, if they are in 4th and goal inside the five GO FOR IT. If there are any plays they haven't used yet this year this is the day to use it.

Sadly with Sanford here i don't see that happening. They had nothing to lose last year and were conservative against the badgers. Hope I'm wrong.
Well said. This is the key for me as well. Show everything on O and take shots to CAB and Wright anytime they're in single coverage down the field. On D, no explosive plays -- make Wisconsin grind it out all day.

I'm guessing Wisconsin had visions of still winning the West going into the week. With Iowa's win maybe they are going through the motions. Oh ya, the axe! Wisconsin almost seems more focused on the axe each year than most any other goals.

Having said that..it would be very helpful if we could get ahead and certainly be leading at halftime.
The offense is so hard to be optimistic about. Our plays, the rhythm of our calls, the timing of our calls are just not very often inspiring.

Be nice if Tanner could have a career day. Who is this guy? Think he'll get drafted? Wow! That kinda day.

Well said. This is the key for me as well. Show everything on O and take shots to CAB and Wright anytime they're in single coverage down the field. On D, no explosive plays -- make Wisconsin grind it out all day.
That would actually start with Wright on the field, not the sideline.

Contain the Freshmen Wisconsin running back to short gains. He can be explosive for large gains.

Constant intelligent aggressive play. Was listening to Mich-OSU on Sirius when OSU went up 10-7. The announcer, think it was Dierdorf, implored the Michigan coaches to “take the handcuffs off” the offense and let them play aggressively. That’s happened. Gophers coaches: this is for the Axe. Whenever you have WI back on its heels, play fast and aggressive. Take advantage. This game isn’t a chess match. It is a knife fight.

Don't use the white M on the helmet. Already done? Well then, game over.

I hate to say this......I just dont think there is any way we can beat Wisconsin today. Ugh

I'm guessing Wisconsin had visions of still winning the West going into the week. With Iowa's win maybe they are going through the motions. Oh ya, the axe! Wisconsin almost seems more focused on the axe each year than most any other goals.

Having said that..it would be very helpful if we could get ahead and certainly be leading at halftime.
The offense is so hard to be optimistic about. Our plays, the rhythm of our calls, the timing of our calls are just not very often inspiring.

Be nice if Tanner could have a career day. Who is this guy? Think he'll get drafted? Wow! That kinda day.
Doesn't Wisconsin win the West if they win today?

Best they can do is co-champ I believe.
The original post said "I'm guessing Wisconsin had visions of still winning the West going into the week. With Iowa's win maybe they are going through the motions." I don't think Wisconsin will 'go through the motions' if they have a chance to go to the Big Ten Title game. That's the point I was trying to make

The original post said "I'm guessing Wisconsin had visions of still winning the West going into the week. With Iowa's win maybe they are going through the motions." I don't think Wisconsin will 'go through the motions' if they have a chance to go to the Big Ten Title game. That's the point I was trying to make
Ya, I had bad info. I thought we had a thread yesterday that said Iowa was the West champion with a pic of them holding the West trophy.
My bad.

Top Bottom