Kevin Sumlin fired

They need a "Fix it guy". Actually it sucks because I was a freshman there when Dick Tomey was coach. Had some average to a little above average teams, but never great. But also never 70-7 bad.

They need a "Fix it guy". Actually it sucks because I was a freshman there when Dick Tomey was coach. Had some average to a little above average teams, but never great. But also never 70-7 bad.

Just based on a quick look at my calendar, there's one of those who I suspect is looking to jump to another team about now.

They had no choice. AZ is on a 12 game losing streak under Sumlin. They've lost their last 3 to ASU including the fiasco last night. He was 35-17 at Houston. Including 12-1 in 2011. Then he went 51-26 at T A&M. Before falling off the table in Tucson.

Didn't get hurt on the way down. He'll be paid the $7.5m left on the contract.

He had some way above average teams including one that finished 4th in the country and went 12-1.

He had some way above average teams including one that finished 4th in the country and went 12-1.
Didn't know that. Thanks. That was 8 years after I left and really didn't pay attention much after I left. Maybe I should have researched a little more.............. After I did some research, Wikipedia says they beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl in that season. Fitting after today's Gopher performance. Suck it Nebraska.

Sumlin is and has always been garbage. His success was based on the backs of the previous head coach that he took over for, always a full cupboard left for him. He had two of the best QB's to ever play college football bestowed upon him. He will never get another head coaching job at a team that matters.

They had no choice. AZ is on a 12 game losing streak under Sumlin. They've lost their last 3 to ASU including the fiasco last night. He was 35-17 at Houston. Including 12-1 in 2011. Then he went 51-26 at T A&M. Before falling off the table in Tucson.

Didn't get hurt on the way down. He'll be paid the $7.5m left on the contract.

Great "work" if you can get it.

Top Bottom