Kevin Noreen Breaks Scoring Record

He wont be a good or even serviceable D1 player.. end of story

I guess if he was good enough Tubby would have given him a look. Still, he just got 39 against Mpls. Roosevelt. That's not bad.

I guess if he was good enough Tubby would have given him a look. Still, he just got 39 against Mpls. Roosevelt. That's not bad.

He committed to Boston College on a scholly.

He dropped 27 on Minnetonka. Minnesota Transitions doesn't play as much crap as they used to.

His biggest negative to his game is athleticism and that doesn't translate well for a 6'8" ultra thin small forward.

He goes to school at a strip mall?? The picture in the Star Tribune print edition of his HS shows that it's right next to a Radio Shack in a strip mall.

Crazy.

Go Gophers!!

He goes to school at a strip mall?? The picture in the Star Tribune print edition of his HS shows that it's right next to a Radio Shack in a strip mall.

Crazy.

Go Gophers!!

There was an article on wcco web site awhile back about this kid. It said he did extremely well on the ACT and is very smart.

I wonder if Minnesota Transitions school rouser is something like the song from the National American University commercials.

Crazy.

Go Gophers!!

Pretty funny post. Hey isn't his coach the guy that does the sports articles in the Sun-Sailor, or used to?

Coach Al Skinner has gotton a lot out of not very highly regarded or highly recruited high school players. Troy Bell is one local example but there are many others (Jared Dudley currently in the NBA). It wouldn't suprise me if Kevin Noreen turns out to have a nice career at a solid high major program like BC.

His biggest negative to his game is athleticism and that doesn't translate well for a 6'8" ultra thin small forward.

He will be serviceable. A 6'8" guy who can shoot it is not a bad thing. While Boston College may be a stretch, he is good enough to be a solid contributor at a mid-major.

I think he'll do fine at B.C. He's pretty skilled on the perimeter for a 6'8"-6'9" kid. He's a good player.

His career scoring record is a joke though. Kind of feel bad for the kid. It's his dad and coach that spent 5 years of his life playing kids in wheelchairs. He just showed up and did what he was told. Not to mention his dad is the spaz of all spazzes. (What's the plural for spaz? Spazi? Spazs?)

Tell that to Dusty Rychart! Athleticism and size are overrated if it doesn't come with heart, work ethic, determination, savy and guts!

You can twist the numbers anyway you want, but it's still a joke. No doubt that most scoring records across the country are held by rural or small school kids who get to play varsity since they we're in 8th grade and load up on much weaker teams. Schilling is no exception, alot of his points came against smaller schools but at least they we're real high schools. Sure Transitions plays some top teams, but the majority of there games are a complete joke and you really have to see one in person to fully undertand how bad some of them are. There are alot of kids you could put on MTS instead of KN and they would put up the same huge numbers. Tyus Jones would average a triple double as an 8th grader if he played for Transitions. And I don't want to rip the kid because he is just going out and playing ball and he is a good player and will at worst be a nice role player at BC.
I don't think most people use the all time scoring records as a reference for all time best players, it's a nice accomplishment and will probably get him Mr. Basketball which will no doubt make dad and Sherm very happy, but in four years from now when we are debating where Tyus Jones ranks among the best all time Minnesota players, I don't think the name Noreen will ever come up.

Tell that to Dusty Rychart! Athleticism and size are overrated if it doesn't come with heart, work ethic, determination, savy and guts!

Yea and a kid that goes to a school like transitions doesnt have any of heart, work ethic, determination, savy and guts. It is a joke

Top Bottom