Kerwin Walton losing playing time

Kerwin was horribly slow in his initial decision to Cheat U. Looks like he’s struggling again with making the decision. I have no idea what his personality is like but externally seems really indecisive. The article above is pretty kind to him.
Wow, was just about to type this. All the stars are aligning to Minnesota. UNC is also telling him to leave nicely, but he's still there officially.

How many open 3s did Loewe and Stephens shoot last year? Kerwin would have such a green light here, played with Dawson on D1 Minnesota.... come on home

My discussion about maybe not wanting a player that is not doing well at another school was a generic response and not in reference to KW, I do not know the details. The new coach may have a different vision for Kerwin than what was sold to him when he went to NC. I am all for giving the kid an opportunity, I just do not want kids to think of the U as a fall back school.

You want kids to take the original offer from the U seriously and know it doesn't just hang around just in case they need it later.
I can see your point, but this is the start of a new era and it would be good to let those that didn't get a chance to play for Ben a chance to come home.

(Now I want him to come home.)

Last edited:

My discussion about maybe not wanting a player that is not doing well at another school was a generic response and not in reference to KW, I do not know the details. The new coach may have a different vision for Kerwin than what was sold to him when he went to NC. I am all for giving the kid an opportunity, I just do not want kids to think of the U as a fall back school.

You want kids to take the original offer from the U seriously and know it doesn't just hang around just in case they need it later.

At this point, we need him and can use him - that may not be the case in a couple years from now, once the program moves up several notches.

Top Bottom