Kenny Pohto commits

Agreed, with the huge exception of Ihnen. Ihnen could shoot better than Pohto can before he got here and is presently a better shooter than Pohto is too...based on old tape.

Ihnen is a nice shooter now. His highlight tape included about 4-5 3s. Pohto appears to hit more and a little more variability between where they come from. Also, Ihnen is playing against mostly short Germans in an elementary gym. Pohto against very quality American private schools (Gonzaga and Dematha in DC, for example)

His shot looks pretty smooth in the highlight tape, the Gophers can always use more shooters.

Me? If so, thank you very much! My apologies for expecting good results this year with the talent we have accumulated.

Have fun living in the darkness, I guess.
No No, not you, I put Spaulding on the “Black List”, and I keep my cave well lit...

He might end up being a great Gopher - and I hope he is - but just another HS Pitino recruit that doesn’t get me very excited, and makes me think Pitino spins a wheel when making roster management decisions.

Some guys are questioning this commitment. I like it. We're thin at the 4/5 spot. Curry is a RS Senior, Robbins is a Junior who could jump to the NBA this year. Johnson is also a senior. That leaves you with Mitchell and Freeman. Ihnen is a small forward, so is Omersa.
I trust the coaches, they have done a very good job of building the roster for this year. Remember that not all of the current players will be staying for four years.

Recall this reporting - David said Chet’s college destination will be impacted by at least one factor involving complementary players. “They gotta have some bigs so that Chet doesn’t get thrown into the middle. The middle is not his game. I don’t want him anywhere where one guy gets hurt, now he’s gotta be the big. It won’t make sense.”
EXACTLY! This sets up a commitment from Chet. The Center position is filled for the next several years with depth.

Kids want their college locker room to resemble their high school locker room. Turkey and Sweden hahahahaha haha.

You could slide at least 5 sheets of paper under his feet on his set shot.

Seems like a better fit than Tschetter would be, a little bigger, hopefully can go inside or out, more athletic, probably not as skilled to start with but with more potential, if you wanted Tschetter I don't see how you could be very upset with this pick.

The ninth best available player in the 2021 class is international big man Kenny Pohto who has been living in the States and playing for Wichita (Kan.) Sunrise Christian Academy. The 6-foot-11, 240-pound big man was previously committed to Richard Pitino at the University of Minnesota but upon the coaching change, Pohto reopened his recruitment.

Pohto is a big low-post center with good hands and touch. He is a capabale low-post scorer but arguably his biggest strength lies in his ability to pass the ball for the position.

Pohto is also an area rebounder and has upside as a post-scorer as he expands his scoring package with his back-to-the-basket and gets stronger.

Much like Lawson, Pohto's recruitment has been quiet since reopening but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him follow Richard Pitino to the University of New Mexico.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom