Keep it close at Sparty, please!

Sota1

Reaction score
Realistically, I believe we all agree going to Mich State and coming out with a win is a slim hope. Possible, but not probable. We do need to keep this game close to build confidence for future road games against the mid level teams in the the conference. Also, to show we belong in the top half of the conference and have the expectation we will beat them at home. With this team, a blowout, or a game we are really not competing in would be a big disappointment. I hope we can stay in the game and not get frazzled by the home crowd.

One thing not working in your favor is the students are back for this game, first game in awhile that the students will be there. I expect the Bres to be nuts tonight.

Realistically, I believe we all agree going to Mich State and coming out with a win is a slim hope. Possible, but not probable. We do need to keep this game close to build confidence for future road games against the mid level teams in the the conference. Also, to show we belong in the top half of the conference and have the expectation we will beat them at home. With this team, a blowout, or a game we are really not competing in would be a big disappointment. I hope we can stay in the game and not get frazzled by the home crowd.

Agreed. I would be more than happy with a split with sparty this year and the home game should be our best shot. However I'm still hanging on to that slim hope in this game-anything can happen.

"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future"........yogi berra

Hi, spartan fan here, wishing for a good game by both teams tonight. I have been lurking on your board for a few days and I really think you guys sell yourself way short. I am very worried about this game tonight. You could easily only have one lose going into tonights game. Didn't you lose 3 games by 5 or less points? (Texas AM, Portland and Miami). Hoffarber can light up along with Westbrook. You go big with Sampson and Iverson and that can give us fits as we mostly go small in the front court 6'8", 6'8" and 6'6". I have great respect for Tubby and expect you will be ready to play. Good Luck tonight.

Hoff or Westbrook will

need to have a "takeover" game to have a chance. If both have that type of game I like our chances. We also need a post game from Sampson/Iverson becase Sparty is going to be all over
Hoff and Westbrook like a cheap suit. On Sparty's side we need them to have an off shooting night ( they average 50%) and have trouble with Tubby's "press 2 " defense. Bottom line. A lot of ifs, but a little James Bond thought process..."Never say never"

Would help to have bad Ray-Ray show up

It would help the Gophers immensely if the "bad Ray-Ray" (Raymar Morgan) shows up for Michigan State tonight, not the "good Ray-Ray." Sparty plays at a whole different level when Morgan plays well. The best thing that could happen is if Morgan gets two quick fouls, which he's done quite often in his career.

The guy I think the Gophers will have trouble matching up with is the dancing bear, Draymond Green. He does a little bit of everything and has easily been Sparty's best and most consistent performer this season.

In no way foreshadowing defeat - If we happen to lose can we avoid the post loss meltdown please?

Macspartan, Great to have you on the board. We love our team, but it has some challenges as you can imagine. One of them, to the point you made, is our post play. Young guys with talent, but a year away from going into a hostile environment and imposing their will. Love to think we can come into the Bres and knock you all off, but you may have a bit too much for us at home. Love your coach and the way the Spartans play ball. Hopefully, we can make you squirm a little bit tonight. Good Luck!

It would help the Gophers immensely if the "bad Ray-Ray" (Raymar Morgan) shows up for Michigan State tonight, not the "good Ray-Ray." Sparty plays at a whole different level when Morgan plays well. The best thing that could happen is if Morgan gets two quick fouls, which he's done quite often in his career.

The guy I think the Gophers will have trouble matching up with is Draymond Green. He does a little bit of everything and has easily been Sparty's best and most consistent performer this season.

The Gophers have seen the "good Ray-Ray", He has tore the Gophers up on occasion in the past.

I remember Morgan as a freshman lit the Gophs up for 30 in a blowout that was painful to watch.

This is going to be a beat down. The only reason I say that is because we have Draymond Green and you don't.

This is going to be a beat down. The only reason I say that is because we have Draymond Green and you don't.

We are going to crush you. The only reason I say that is because we have Devron Bostick and you don't.

Top Bottom