Kaler and Maturi Emails

I think it's fair to hold Maturi accountable for Brewster.... that was a reach. Many people on this board thought it was a brilliant risk-taking move.

With re: to Kill --- who was he supposed to hire at the time? I recall reading a lot of requests for Tony Dungy, Al Golden, even Jon Gruden.

Really?!

Be realistic on the coaching hire round II. I still feel you have a pretty good coaching staff in place this year, especially when compared to the previous four.

The players on scholarship is a mess... but, is that really Maturi's fault?

Maybe I'm crazy, but Maturi wasn't coaching the game last night and didn't recruit anybody. Just a thought.

Maybe I'm crazy, but Maturi wasn't coaching the game last night and didn't recruit anybody. Just a thought.
But as the leader of the athletic department, he is responsible for every program beneath him.

No offense but do you really think flooding his email will do any good? I'm pretty sure during the coaches search we flooded Maturi's email with Mike Leech chants and we got Kill.

I think they could care less..

interesting signature for a guy posting on a gopher board as a gopher fan. hmm? color me confused to say the least.

But as the leader of the athletic department, he is responsible for every program beneath him.

Thnw I guess you better e-mail Kaler asking him to fire both Maturi and Kill.

My guess is Maturi is going to retire and Kaler will bring in a new guy.

Honestly Macturi does not give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about what a few hundred rube fans might think!! I do agree he is way to passive and really has made to many mistakes to be allowed to keep his job, but like I said above he could give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I get seriously bent when he decides its okay to welcome the opposing teams band into TCF, why give the other team and there fans any more fire to use against our already struggling team.

I get seriously bent when he decides its okay to welcome the opposing teams band into TCF, why give the other team and there fans any more fire to use against our already struggling team.

You realize people would say the same thing about us if our band traveled? It's part of college football, get used to it.

You realize people would say the same thing about us if our band traveled? It's part of college football, get used to it.

problem with your argument though is badger joel maturi is too cheap and/or eagalitarian to spend the money for our great band to travel with the team on the road routinely. he would rather divert that money elsewhere and keep 25 sports (22 of which are non-revenue) than spend the money on our football marching band to go with and support the team on the road.

instead we get what we had last night and have seen numerous other times under joel maturi......i.e. joel maturi welcoming other schools bands into our house while he doesn't let ours travel and do the same.

let's just be honest. the guy just sucks on so many levels the way he budgets the athletic department money and how he disperses it amongst the revenue vs. non-revenue programs.

Thank God he wasn't coaching the game. But he did hire a career TE's coach to run the program into the ground, which brings us to where we are now. So yes, his initial decision set the wheels in motion to bring in a coach who brought in average players and didn't teach them anything. Further, he then hired a coach with a history of serious health problems, which may now set the program even further back. Now let me say that I really like Kill and believe he can turn the program around, but it was a gamble to assume that there wouldn't be anymore major health concerns, a gamble that, as of today, looks like he may have lost. Let's hope Kill can get things figured out, but I have big concerns over his health going forward. And if he doesn't get himself better, what then happens to the program, a new coach and a couple more years of stagnant recruiting??? Here's hoping that isn't the case.

Since Mason was fired we are 2-3 against 1-AA/FCS. Most of this is Brewster's fault, but Maturi is the one who hired him and thus he bears an equal part of the blame.

Maturi is a bean counter, not a visionary.

His idea of building enthusiasm for the programs is being its head cheerleader.

Mark Dienhart wasn't writing papers for Russ Archambault either, but it happened on his watch.

What I've heard from sources is that Maturi is a lot more lame duck than most think. He's not calling as many shots as most think he is. And won't be around in 12-24 months. Also heard that Pam Borton better win and soon, but that's for another board.

Mark Dienhart wasn't writing papers for Russ Archambault either, but it happened on his watch.

What I've heard from sources is that Maturi is a lot more lame duck than most think. He's not calling as many shots as most think he is. And won't be around in 12-24 months. Also heard that Pam Borton better win and soon, but that's for another board.

Thank God.

What I've heard from sources is that Maturi is a lot more lame duck than most think. He's not calling as many shots as most think he is. And won't be around in 12-24 months.
This is both good and bad if true. On one hand it's good that they recognize that a change needs to be made there, on the other I don't like dithering solutions like that. If he needs to go then start the process of replacing him. They can frame it however they need to in the media.

I think just as much of has to do with the transition from one president to another. As much as most of us want a change, it won't happen the moment after Kaler is sworn in. I don't expect it to go on too long. But you bring up a valid point.

I think just as much of has to do with the transition from one president to another. As much as most of us want a change, it won't happen the moment after Kaler is sworn in. I don't expect it to go on too long. But you bring up a valid point.

You're right. Let's just be thankful that a new guy is in charge and in time should start to put his own stamp on personnel decisions. It would reflect very poorly on Kaler if he came in and immediately started canning people.

President Kaler has said in public that everyone's job (including Maturi) will be reviewed under his watch. You and I are not making a decision on Joe Maturi, President Kaler is.

It's therapeutic to send Maturi emails at times like this..,...

Bring back Tom Moe. Need connections to the big money in town. Or just start marketing to WI, IA, and NE since most of our stadium will be filled with their fans.

Top Bottom