Justin Walley was great today

He can suit up for the Purple next week...

IMO he got jobbed on two calls today. And yes he still gets beat bad from time to time, but he made arguably the biggest play of the game with the INT. Also he's a true FR, so sky is the limit.
Yeah, he played on an island all day.

One of the PIs was real, but he is on an island and they threw deep, it'll happen. It's college football, it's the equivalent of giving up a 15 yard pass.

He was phenomenal. He can cover. He can tackle. I talked about it when he first came on early in the year, he has a Winfield quality as a playmaker.

One of the PIs was real, but he is on an island and they threw deep, it'll happen. It's college football, it's the equivalent of giving up a 15 yard pass.

He was phenomenal. He can cover. He can tackle. I talked about it when he first came on early in the year, he has a Winfield quality as a playmaker.
you got to be kidding. Winfield no way- not even close. He can’t cover, never turns back to find the ball (coaching terminology called a hip flip). Might be the worst tackler in the secondary.

IMO he got jobbed on two calls today. And yes he still gets beat bad from time to time, but he made arguably the biggest play of the game with the INT. Also he's a true FR, so sky is the limit.
That PI was horrible. One of the worst. Especially after the non-call on CrAB just earlier. Fortunate that didn’t us but field position. All that said, after that point the officials mainly called the PIs both ways accurately.

you got to be kidding. Winfield no way- not even close. He can’t cover, never turns back to find the ball (coaching terminology called a hip flip). Might be the worst tackler in the secondary.
:LOL:
You can't be serious. I won't bother arguing specifics, but do you actually remember what Winfield was like in college, let alone as a true freshman?

Edit: I took the OP as a reference to Antoine Sr, a dynamic ball-hawking CB who played in Minnesota for awhile. Disregard my comments.

Last edited:

Yeah, they're very different players. One is a CB and one is a S. If you read what I wrote, I didn't say he was as good as Winfield. Winfield is the best Gopher in my lifetime. My point was that he has a knack for making a lot of plays - like Winfield.

As far as him not being able to cover, you're wrong. We have the 5th best defense in the entire country, an average pass rush, and he is our best cover guy. If our best (or even second best) cover guy couldn't cover, we wouldn't have a good defense.

Can't cover?

WTF, he covers very well. The windows are small. He gets beat once in a while, but he is usually in the receivers grill. He will only get better.

Anyone know how the Ortiz kid looks. He redshirted. I'm hoping he is good and we are set for a few years.

I loved how the PA spun the Beatles during the video review of the INT, Let It Be. So they did.

Correctly.

Did anyone notice that on one of them the Wisconsin receiver 'hugged' him so he couldn't turn? Smart sell by the Wisconsin receiver.

Imo Walley is better than Winfield was as a freshman

Top Bottom