Justin Walley & Preston Jelen named most recent “Nekton of the Week” award

Walley is one I've been excited about for a while. I actually preferred him over Avante, I just think he'll be in the NFL someday making the Gophers proud.

Avante is a footnote on Gopherhole. Justin's the man!

Walley is a FR DB from Mississippi and Jelen is a JR RB from Prior Lake.

Walley is a FR DB from Florida and Jelen is a JR RB from Prior Lake.
IIRC, Preston Jellen is a PWO. He is proving that hard work is rewarded. Star ratings out of H.S. amounts to a hill of beans at this point. He'd be a dangerous hungry player. A secret weapon the opponents least expected. RTB!

IIRC, Preston Jellen is a PWO. He is proving that hard work is rewarded. Star ratings out of H.S. amounts to a hill of beans at this point. He'd be a dangerous hungry player. A secret weapon the opponents least expected. RTB!

Good for Preston Jelen, but it's not like he's going to get many, if any snaps at RB. He's a special teamer, which is what you'd expect from a walk on who works hard.

good freshman dbs can help right away in first or second year...see Winfield, Murray, Travis, Wells, Thompson, Myrick, James, Johnson, Boddy-Calhoun...hope Walley, Ortiz, Dixon, Glaze, Brown, Green, Fleming, Pless bring something to the table in 2021...at the least, hope they force Durr, Howden, Nubin, T-time, Harris, Howard, Swenson to up their games or they provide depth and special team big plays. Msybe Bishop McDonald surprises?

Last edited:

Top Bottom