Just for fun, would you rather have Oturu or Garza?

Garza or Oturu

• Oturu

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Garza

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Not taking your Oturu fandom into account, who would be better a better CBB player this year and who would you want on this years gophers team if you got one year out of them?

Last edited:

Assuming we get them both for 4 years, Oturu is a far superior basketball player.

Garza and Oturu were very comparable last year (Garza (JR) and Oturu (SO). Garza was slightly better on offense but Oturu was considerably better on defense (by almost every single advanced metric and the eyeball test). Oturu is also just a significantly better athlete so his ceiling (IMO) is much higher. I think Garza is at his ceiling.

Assuming we get them both for 4 years, Oturu is a far superior basketball player.

Garza and Oturu were very comparable last year (Garza (JR) and Oturu (SO). Garza was slightly better on offense but Oturu was considerably better on defense (by almost every single advanced metric and the eyeball test). Oturu is also just a significantly better athlete so his ceiling (IMO) is much higher. I think Garza is at his ceiling.
I just meant for this year actually.

I just meant for this year actually.

So Oturu is in his third year and Garza this year? It's close because Garza is older, but I'd probably take Oturu. He is just a significantly better defensive player (it's really not close) and if he could continued to improve a bit on offense, Oturu is the better player.

Garza would have gotten more accolades though. In some ways, deservedly because he will put up gaudy offensive numbers.

So Oturu is in his third year and Garza this year? It's close because Garza is older, but I'd probably take Oturu. He is just a significantly better defensive player (it's really not close) and if he could continued to improve a bit on offense, Oturu is the better player.

Garza would have gotten more accolades though. In some ways, deservedly because he will put up gaudy offensive numbers.
Gun to my head, I’d probably take Garza just because you know your getting the best player in the country for sure. It’s possible Oturu could be better but it’s possible he would be worse and I wouldn’t want to risk that.

Tough call. I think Robbins and Oturu is a better team than Garza and Robbins, is my instant analysis.
On another note, Curry mighta played his best defensive game since his freshman year and Freeman was great for someone playing for the first time in a year and a half in.
Maybe we don’t need either one? DANG, it’s so fun to win and talk trash! 😎

I think I’d take Oturu based on the mammoth jump he made from his Freshman to Sophomore year. I doubt his improvement would be that much again but I think his improvements would likely make him superior to Garza this year.

Tough call. I think Robbins and Oturu is a better team than Garza and Robbins, is my instant analysis.
On another note, Curry mighta played his best defensive game since his freshman year and Freeman was great for someone playing for the first time in a year and a half in.
Maybe we don’t need either one? DANG, it’s so fun to win and talk trash! 😎
Good point. On second thought, I think I would take Oturu as well as you can play both of them at the same time. Taking Garza means Robbins comes off the bench because you can't play both of them because neither can guard on the perimeter unlike Oturu.

Oturu, and it isn't even close.

Carr would pass to Dan.

Garza is the best college player in the Big I have seen in a while, no offense to oturu but Garza worked him every time they played

Top Bottom