Just don't schedule Duke

Tar Heels are scary good, but cannot be expected to hang with a traditional power like Duke.

The Team we paid $800k to disappear, has just lost to Duke.

I had to watch this game to see how it turned out. It was a really entertaining 4th quarter. Looked like Duke wanted to give it away ( Gopher games of the past come to mind) but then found a way to win with no time left on the clock.

This looks to be Duke's best season in about 20 years, even if they don't win again.

Have to keep in mind those were both BCS schools therefore both would be ineligible for our new scheduling policy.

Good for them.
I don't want to rain on the "it's great to get those 15 extra practices parade", but consider this: When Duke plays in a bowl in late December/early Jan., it will mean that every single BCS school has played in a bowl game during the past 10 years. Duke's string of no bowl games will be broken and the longest streak of the BCS conferences will fall to Washington State, who last played in the Holiday Bowl in 03.

I don't want to rain on the "it's great to get those 15 extra practices parade", but consider this: When Duke plays in a bowl in late December/early Jan., it will mean that every single BCS school has played in a bowl game during the past 10 years. Duke's string of no bowl games will be broken and the longest streak of the BCS conferences will fall to Washington State, who last played in the Holiday Bowl in 03.

This is why we need to view 6-6 and a crappy bowl as an important next step, not a goal. Going to a bowl game is not an impressive feat for a BCS school.

So, North Carolina lost to college football powerhouse Duke last night

Didn't see any threads on the result of that game.

Duke 33
NC 30

:fear:

Yes, Duke is having a nice season.......but they are Duke. Apparently we now would have to cross them off the list of teams to schedule now, too.

UNC now has losses to Duke & Wake Forrest this season (as well as a nice win against Virginia Tech!). They're the 2nd or 3rd best team in the booby soft ACC. I get the decision to cancel the UNC game, we're just not very good & Coach Kill needs to win some games next year as the clock is starting to tick on winning. I don't care about the money either since it's a virtual wash. I'm just saying UNC is not the powerhouse some around here would have us believe & it seems like there might be value in playing them since we're recruiting NC so hard these days.

Top Bottom