Judd Zulgad: There is only one person to blame for Gophers QB mess: Jerry Kill

I agree the OL is bad. The surprising part to me is that I didn't see it coming. I thought they were going to be pretty good this year.

Considering all of them have plenty of reps, the past two years except Bobek who has been injured the Oline has been a major disappointment. I think the guys who came in this year and are coming in next year have promise, but you need men, not boys in those positions.

Although I agree with some points made in your post, you've gone too far here. I've always pulled for Leidner but it has been obvious this year that he isn't consistent enough, talented enough, or mentally suited to being the QB of a power conference team when so much of the offense depends upon him. I'll just take two names from the list above - Thorson and Hackenburg. Thorson is a freshman who showed more poise in a big game than Liedner did as a third year player. Hackenburg was thrown to the wolves on a probation depleted PSU team as a freshman and he has faced far more serious protection issues than Leidner during his time there (he was sacked 10 times in this season's opener against Temple). Still, he's thrown for over 2,900 yards in each of the last two seasons.
Hackenberg was also a five star top rated qb who is projected to be a top ten pick this year. Personally I don't see it, but I guess he has the measurable's

Top Bottom