Jon Christenson

John Galt

Reaction score
Just heard an interesting nugget on Jon Christenson, the walk-on lineman from Minnetonka, from MV's podcast. Evidently, he came into the program at 265 lbs. and has bulked up to over 300 lbs. in Klein's S&C program and is an absolute monster. Sounds like he was very impressive last year at practice and that he has a good shot at being the starting center during spring practice.

http://www.goldengophergridiron.com/page/show/357086-jon-christenson

This is definitely true, I've seen this guy on campus. He is massive, no fat whatsoever, all muscle. Looks like a B1G starting lineman. Awesome work by Kill and Klein for showing the rest of the state, what they can do with walk-on's.

Excellent work by Klein. I can only hope with this, he has quick feet and hands which are essential. And certainly I hope he has a mauler's attitude to go with size and muscle. It would be a shame if he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

I've heard good things about Christensen. I can't remember if I heard it from a Sports Huddle with Kill or where I heard it, but we have some young unheralded guys who are really stepping up in this program. Bak was surprisingly pretty good last year, Epping improved throughout the season, and Christensen sounds like he could contribute sooner rather than later.

I also heard from an insider that they are crazy about Christenson. They say by the end of spring ball he'll be the starting center, which would be great news. I, too, was impressed with Bak. I would iso on him for 15 plays in a row and he made his block every time. He's not a killer, just very efficient. Our o line, with good coaching, should be outstanding for the next 5 years,

I also heard from an insider that they are crazy about Christenson. They say by the end of spring ball he'll be the starting center, which would be great news. I, too, was impressed with Bak. I would iso on him for 15 plays in a row and he made his block every time. He's not a killer, just very efficient. Our o line, with good coaching, should be outstanding for the next 5 years,

+1

It's nice to see a little bit of an emergence of Walk-On OL. Christenson sounds like he will be seeing a lot of PT, Bak will see plenty of time and i'm sure Mottla will be in the mix. Having this kind of depth could really pay dividends down the road. It is possible that Hayes could RS this season (I'd say likely), and that is largely due to the fact that these three kids wanted to go to the U, even if they had to pay their own way. I'm sure during Isaac Hayes 5th season (if he does RS), we are all going to be ecstatic to have him for an additional year.

OL appears to be the one area on the team where things seem to be in really good shape from a depth and hopefully talent standpoint. If Christenson really does emerge as a starter during spring ball then that is a huge gain for the team. OL was one area we could always count on in the Mason days, they were great at finding those hidden gems and turning them into quality players. It is still early but it seems like Limegrover is heading along that same path which bodes well for the future.

We should have a walk-on OL starting regularly in our program.

Speaking of offensive linemen who are likely to contribute, how about also Foster Bush, Joe Bjorklund, Joshua Campion, Kyle McAvoy, Luke McAvoy, and Sean Ferguson. I would say that we will soon be know as a program with strong offensive lines. This is not a bad "idenity" to have.

Considering Limegrover coached this years 2nd team All-American center and a LT that will get drafted and was honorable mention All-America at NIU for 3 of their 5 years, our OL is going to be the strength of this team for years to come. The big boys in this state are going to want to be a part of that success.

I love it when you get these walk on kids with a chip on their shoulders come in bound to prove everyone wrong.

I always watched Limegrover's drills at the practices and was highly impressed with his knowledge and ability to see everything happening during a given drill. He has a strong yet encouraging attitude. You can tell the guys respect him and respond to him. Foster Bush is supposed to be a comer. And don't forget Marek Lenkiewicz looked pretty good, too. Hopefully Gjere will come back strong and Tommy Olson should be very good.

There will probably be some more like Jon this year just because we keep the same coaches. It is good to hear this though and hope it translates to less injuries, better depth and success on the field. IS IT SPRING, YET?

I believe Christenson is also a stellar student. Great to hear we've got another solid line prospect. Never can have enough of them.

I shared a class with Jon last semester. Great guy and extremely nice. Hope to see him on the line next year.

This is how a program gets built!! FROM the ground up!!! The o-line is so key to running an offense!!!!

Top Bottom