John Shipley: The Gophers barely beat Purdue, and COVID-19

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shipley:

Well, if you’re going to play this wack-a-doo college football season, you might as well finish with a bowl game, and the Gophers now have a shot.

With Friday night’s 34-31 victory over Purdue at TCF Bank Stadium, the U likely pricked up some ears among those scouts trying to fill 39 (!) bowl games this year.

If there are bowl scouts this year. Who knows? If there are, they’re not out at games in red sports jackets shaking hands and doing interviews. At any rate, as they look at their list of 127 bowl-division teams and circle possibilities, at least they can now say, “Maybe Minnesota.”

Go Gophers!!

This could be the year all Big Ten teams get bowl games.
Not sure there are any rules that apply to selections this year.

This could be the year all Big Ten teams get bowl games.
Not sure there are any rules that apply to selections this year.
Yeah, didn't they say there wouldn't be any record requirements? I imagine more bowls are going to get canceled, but if not and MN finishes 4-5 or even 3-6, I imagine they'll get an invite.

Yeah, didn't they say there wouldn't be any record requirements? I imagine more bowls are going to get canceled, but if not and MN finishes 4-5 or even 3-6, I imagine they'll get an invite.

Any Big Ten name will draw better TV viewership than a 6-2 MAC team.
With people locked at home, bowl games will get decent ratings this year.

There are no record requirements but almost every bowl has contractual obligations with conferences or teams (like army)

so basically every conference will fill it’s contracted bowls unless the teams decide individually or as a conference not to do any bowls.

10 or 11 big ten teams will go to bowls based on whether the big ten gets 1 or 2 teams in the New Years 6

if big ten gets 3 could have up to 12

Top Bottom