John Nance likely transferring

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
GopherHole has learned that John Nance is likely going to transfer out of the Gopher football program with the intention of playing college basketball. St. Thomas has been mentioned as a potential destination.

I was hoping we could get him to play WR down the road... I always thought John Nance was a great athlete, but he has some pretty stiff competition at the QB position with Weber, Gray, Alipate, etc...

The writing was on the wall the instant Gray became eligible...

Always good to see a local boy sign with the U. Too bad it didn't work out for both parties.

Best of luck to him!

Agree, and best of luck to him. Does this effect our "academic progress" status with the NCAA?

If I remember correctly, the issue of BB was a difficulty when first recruiting him. Best wishes to him!

Can't say this comes as a surprise - still, hurts to lose a good athlete.
Best of luck to him.

Not a huge surprise...I was actually surprised we didn't hear rumblings about this earlier. The interesting question now is who will be the 3rd QB? It's unlikely one would be needed, but you never know. Pittman might take a few reps during practice, and I'd guess the staff would go with him in an emergency.

Best of luck to him, I was hoping that they'd find a place for him someplace.

Good Luck to him playing hoops I hope he does well. I'm sorry to say it, but wasnt he basically recruited in hopes that he would "bring a friend" (Michael Floyd). It would be nice if the Gophers could keep a steady stream of Cretin kids coming in, so every once and awhile we could land a big fish from them......seantrel...., or maybe then next Wienke, Walsh or hell, the next Mauer?

Not a huge surprise...I was actually surprised we didn't hear rumblings about this earlier. The interesting question now is who will be the 3rd QB? It's unlikely one would be needed, but you never know. Pittman might take a few reps during practice, and I'd guess the staff would go with him in an emergency.

Moses will be the 3rd QB, of course. I agree with you though, if it came down to an emergency situation where neither Weber nor Gray is available, I would imagine that Pittman would step in based on his juco experience, and so we don't burn Alipate's redshirt needlessly.

I thought he was considering Winona State as a two-sport guy out of HS and I wonder if they are still in the hunt for Nance.

Great athlete, but hard to know where'd he play for the Gophers with Alipate coming in this year and Parrish next year.

can anyone verify this for sure? I have seen Nance and Torres Tillman riding around the St. Thomas campus lately. Just wanted to make sure i could get excited for basketball season

he being run off, brew wants the schollie.

You're off to a great trollish start. Are you really claiming that Brewster is going to run off Nance, a CDH kid, at the same time the #1 recruit in the nation attends CDH?

seantrel be goin to southern cal to play for pete, so it aint matter

seantrel be goin to southern cal to play for pete, so it aint matter

Your insight continues to amaze me. Your illogical statement doesn't matter since you can see the future. You sir are on a roll.

1685032301_e37b612fc7.jpg

Your insight continues to amaze me. Your illogical statement doesn't matter since you can see the future. You sir are on a roll.

1685032301_e37b612fc7.jpg

I got $5 that this is our friend Lawrence 21 with another of his outstanding monikers......

are you going to mail me the $5?

I have never used such terrible English in my life. This guy is either drunk or he never took a middle school English course. I also don't believe that Seantrel is a USC lock, We have a good shot at his services.

he be at usc. you can watch him play on sept. 18 2010 at the new stadium, with trojans.

Top Bottom