John Anderson to retire

Just an epic run of success and helping keep Minnesota relevant in a Sun Belt-driven sport for 4 decades. Kudos to one of the handful of greatest Gopher coaches of all time. Happy trails, 14!

Gopher baseball has been on a downslide for sometime. Anderson actually retired years ago, he's just announcing it now.

43 years is a long time in one spot. Personally I don't know anyone other than congress people who are in one spot (they by the way should step down-much too long). Full Speed Ahead. Do you think someone else internally was running the program for the most part? Or was he in charge and wasn't doing his job at all?

I believe we were lucky to have him here for all those years. When you're not in a warmer climate for the most part, recruiting is always tougher. Not sure if US Bank takes care of those fears or not as you never have to deal with a rain out or some other bad weather.

Great coach and great human being. What John accomplished cannot and should not be just measured in wins and losses. Whoever is next has incredibly huge shoes to fill. Personally, I do not think it will be internal.

I hope Gopher baseball fans have rational expectations; it’s Christmas, I can hope.

I was talking to my son’s hitting instructor who was recently an assistant coach at a Big 10 program. He had nothing but good things to say about John as a person and predicted it will be a highly coveted job across college baseball. I hope Coyle thinks big with this hire.

Couple guys that have been high on my list took head jobs in the last couple years but still think you could get them although one might be a tough pull. Former DBU assistant, LSU assistant, and Edina native Dan Fitzgerald who currently coaches Kansas. Marc Rardin current Western Kentucky coach after a ton of success at Iowa Western.

Top Bottom