Jerry Kill gets job at Vanderbilt.

Jerry’s on the run! He has made enough money to retire but apparently that’s not in his DNA. He just seems like an unstable job jumper at this point, not sure why anyone hires him.
Because he has been successful at most stops. Tons of football guys move around a lot.

I would be looking over my shoulder if I was the current coach. I think it is pretty obvious that Jerry will take this assignment with the expectation that the current staff gets canned and they will put him in as head coach to keep stability in the program.

ol ‘jer is a ball coach. its who he is, it’s in his blood. he turns boys into men and football is his vehicle. he’s also a fix it guy and when ad’s and other coaches think their programs need fixin’ they call jer’. he’s a humble man who is know for his class as he tells us often. if it was up to him he’d be sippin’ margaritas on the beach in mexico, but a new coach came callin’ that some fixin’ is needed in nashville, so ol’ jer’ is packing up again. since retiring from football at minnesota, ol’ jer’ has demanded loyalty from the ad’s and coaches at kansas st, southern illinois, rutgers, va tech, tcu, new mexico st, and now vandy. but this is never about jer’, it’s about the boys who need mentoring.
There it is! Only reason I click into a Jerry Kill thread. Thank you!

I would be looking over my shoulder if I was the current coach. I think it is pretty obvious that Jerry will take this assignment with the expectation that the current staff gets canned and they will put him in as head coach to keep stability in the program.
job hopping could be an avoidance to pay spousal support. He wouldn’t be the first person to do it but you gotta really be full of pith and vinegar.

I'm no fan of Kill but you are reaching big time.

Some people don't get that Kill is an in-demand guy. He has a good reputation and a respected name, and lots of friends in the profession.

I'm no fan of Kill but you are reaching big time.
The current coach is 2-10, 5-7, and 2-10 in his 3 seasons. This will be unacceptable even at Vandy. I don't think Jerry is stepping in thinking he can do part time work for the next 4 years here - especially after coming off what most thought was a miracle job at NMSU. This is his way to get back into big time football - even if it is a weaker team. Maybe I am wrong - but, I would suspect Jerry will finish out this year as head coach if they post another 2 win season. It is actually smart by Jerry and smart by the team to do this. If the team turns it around - then he was just an insurance policy.

The current coach is 2-10, 5-7, and 2-10 in his 3 seasons. This will be unacceptable even at Vandy. I don't think Jerry is stepping in thinking he can do part time work for the next 4 years here - especially after coming off what most thought was a miracle job at NMSU. This is his way to get back into big time football - even if it is a weaker team. Maybe I am wrong - but, I would suspect Jerry will finish out this year as head coach if they post another 2 win season. It is actually smart by Jerry and smart by the team to do this. If the team turns it around - then he was just an insurance policy.
I don't think that is what is going on here but honestly at this point not much would surprise me with Kill. His career trajectory has been so weird since he "retired".

Is he sowing his coaching oats before he circles back to Minnesota in some form of a fundraising position?

Is he sowing his coaching oats before he circles back to Minnesota in some form of a fundraising position?
I assume this is a joke? I don't think Kill has any desire to come back to Minnesota.

I assume this is a joke? I don't think Kill has any desire to come back to Minnesota.
Jerry Kill is a proven fundraiser plus successful at donor relationships. Coaching as we have seen since his Gopher days is not a good fit as fundraising, relationships seems to be his strength now. Passion can be seen many ways depending on one's view. The betting odds are against Jerry coaching thru the 2024 season. In the right position Jerry coming home would be a win for Jerry, the fans & Minnesota. Plus Ruesse would have more articles on Gopher football.

The Deeper the Love, the Deeper the Hate​

Jerry Loved Minnesota he became upset because of how he felt Tracy Claeys was treated.

Jerry Kill is a proven fundraiser plus successful at donor relationships. Coaching as we have seen since his Gopher days is not a good fit as fundraising, relationships seems to be his strength now. Passion can be seen many ways depending on one's view. The betting odds are against Jerry coaching thru the 2024 season. In the right position Jerry coming home would be a win for Jerry, the fans & Minnesota. Plus Ruesse would have more articles on Gopher football.

The Deeper the Love, the Deeper the Hate​

Jerry Loved Minnesota he became upset because of how he felt Tracy Claeys was treated.
And this is a good thing?

Top Bottom