Jeff Horton & Nevada Football

2011 was actually worse in terms of record than 2010, and also had a loss to NDSU. But they also hung onto Floyd that year in Kill's first season which also put him a leg up on Brewster in terms of Trophy Ws.

There was hope.
Apologies if I am being obtuse -- but both seasons ('10 & '11) were 3-9 with two Big Ten wins over Illinois and Iowa.

Apologies if I am being obtuse -- but both seasons ('10 & '11) were 3-9 with two Big Ten wins over Illinois and Iowa.
No apologies necessary, I had in my mind that Brewster had another W before his exit.

Though to get even more obtuse, one of the 2010 losses was removed when Ohio State had to vacate that campaign (tattoo U coverup), so I think official record is 3-8. Maybe losses don't get vacated.

I actually think there was another one with the Penn St sanctions, but later restored.

No apologies necessary, I had in my mind that Brewster had another W before his exit.

Though to get even more obtuse, one of the 2010 losses was removed when Ohio State had to vacate that campaign (tattoo U coverup), so I think official record is 3-8. Maybe losses don't get vacated.

I actually think there was another one with the Penn St sanctions, but later restored.
I am not sure, but I think when they vacate the wins they don't then vacate our losses. In a similar fashion Wisconsin still gets credit for beating them in 2010

If you think that was dreadful, look up 1983 sometime. THAT was by far the worst year I can ever remember. It got so bad they put out an ad in the Minnesota Daily asking students to walk on. Also - they did not even put out a spread for the Gopher-Michigan game as Vegas doubted the Gophers could even put out a competitive team!!! That was also the year of the Nebraska massacre 84-13.

I'm happy my birth was still another year away, and my interest in U sports still 20 or so years away (I transferred to the U when I was 25, started following in 03.

First really cold game at the Bank. I was woefully unprepared, stood on an inch of ice all afternoon, but loved it. Pre-coils too.
I’ll never understand why we removed the coils.

Top Bottom