Jawan Hawes Decommits

Having troubles editing. This is according to 247 and via Jawan's twitter.

Hmmm. Leaves only one verbal commit at WR.....

I hope Fleck is right on Autman-Bell.

I really hate this. I've seen him play in person as he is pretty good. If we get the Penn State commit to flip then fine, otherwise I don't like this. Hope we aren't about to lose Creamer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javan Hawes picked up some nice G5 offers since committing last July (Cincy, Ball St, ECU, CMU).

I kind of saw that one coming. I wish him the best.

Hmmm. Leaves only one verbal commit at WR.....

I hope Fleck is right on Autman-Bell.

Fleck has already offered a couple of other WRs in Marc Hippenhammer, Jafar Armstrong and Harry Van Dyne. He's also looking at a couple of dual threat QBs who might be better off as WRs in college.

I really hate this. I've seen him play in person as he is pretty good. If we get the Penn State commit to flip then fine, otherwise I don't like this. Hope we aren't about to lose Creamer as well.

Who is this Penn State commit that you are referring to?

Is decommitted the right term? Maybe he decided not to come. Maybe it was decided for him. If it's the latter, he had his offer pulled, he didn't decommit.

Each player that has left has said on twitter that they are decommitting. This route is better for the kid as saying after offer was pulled publicly could be bad PR and embarrass the kid.

Is decommitted the right term? Maybe he decided not to come. Maybe it was decided for him. If it's the latter, he had his offer pulled, he didn't decommit.
Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?

I would say it does, for two reasons. One if in a coaching change an offer gets pulled, it sucks but it happens.

Two, if in a coaching change a bunch of kids decommit because of the coach, that would be important to know.

It's also more respectful to the kids who had their offers pulled. I associate honesty and integrity with being Elite. It's just the right thing to do.

I would say it does, for two reasons. One if in a coaching change an offer gets pulled, it sucks but it happens.

Two, if in a coaching change a bunch of kids decommit because of the coach, that would be important to know.

It's also more respectful to the kids who had their offers pulled. I associate honesty and integrity with being Elite. It's just the right thing to do.

What? In business, if you're about to fire an employee it's not at all uncommon to give that employee a chance to resign. It's much better for that employee to have a resume that says he left the job voluntarily instead of it saying he was canned.

What? In business, if you're about to fire an employee it's not at all uncommon to give that employee a chance to resign. It's much better for that employee to have a resume that says he left the job voluntarily instead of it saying he was canned.

Just how I would handle it in this case.

I'm okay with this, I thought Bell was better than Hawes before he decommitted.

Top Bottom