James Green on becoming a Gopher: "This is one of the happiest days of my life"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
James Green on becoming a Gopher: "This is one of the happiest days of my life"

per SuperPrep.com:

James Green, Tallahassee (Florida) Leon, has committed to Minnesota. Green is on his official visit and notified Golden Gopher head coach Tim Brewster of his intent Saturday evening. Bill Greene has the story on the commitment.

The Minnesota Golden Gophers landed a huge commitment Saturday when they received a pledge from James Green, Tallahassee (Florida) Leon. Green, a four-star wide receiver committed on his official visit to head coach Tim Brewster.

"Yes, I have committed to Minnesota," Green announced this evening. "I feel so blessed to be a part of such a great program. I think I have a chance to play next year."

Green, a 2008 graduate, originally signed with Tennessee coming out of high school, but a problem with his test score caused him to not be admitted into school.

"I feel so blessed to have this opportunity, and I have to thank God for getting me this second chance. I will be enrolling in January and I will be going through spring football. I am completely qualified academically, and I am eligible right now."

"Coach Brewster was very happy I committed as was the entire coaching staff," Green exclaimed. "I'm very happy to be a Golden Gopher. I hope I can contribute right away, and I think I bring size and speed to the table. This is one of the happiest days of my life."

Go Gophers!!

Great get for the progrum. I hope that he can contribute early for us.

There is one MAJOR problem that James brings to the program.... How in the heck is Dave Lee going to keep James and Brandon straight when they are on the field together??

There is one MAJOR problem that James brings to the program.... How in the heck is Dave Lee going to keep James and Brandon straight when they are on the field together??

Is that the announcer that also somehow kept screwing up Eric Decker and Adam Weber too? I mean they do not even have the same last name at all, haha.

Welcome. Look forward to you competing with the rest of the Gophers.

I'm sick of everyone bagging on Dave Lee....he is a phenominal play-by-play guy! :)

Happy-days.jpg

fonz.jpg

DL: "...Weber hands off to...play-action... back to pass...rolls to his right...caught by a Gopher receiver...out of bounds at midfield...and a first down for Minnesota at the 35...it's Green...no, that's Green with the catch!"

Mona: "...they're saying it was incomplete..."

DL: "...Weber hands off to...play-action... back to pass...rolls to his right...caught by a Gopher receiver...out of bounds at midfield...and a first down for Minnesota at the 35...it's Green...no, that's Green with the catch!"

Ha! That was good. I love the "out of bounds at midfield" - follwed up by "and a first down for Minnesoat at the 35" :clap:

Go Gophers!!

He didn't get into Tenneseee, Lane Kiffin country? Hmm. Wouldn't that alone give reason for pause?

He didn't get into Tenneseee, Lane Kiffin country? Hmm. Wouldn't that alone give reason for pause?

Minnesota does a pretty good job of screening academics, so if he gets in here, then I'm confident he did what was needed to qualify. Usually qualifying requires more work then many of these athletes ever did in high school, and therefore have proven they are academically capable if they continue that kind of effort in college.

That was hilarious. The only thing to add would "Thompson: That was D'Jon McKnight"

It wasn't a grades issue. It was another Marqueis Gray situation where his ACT score got flagged for improving too much.

That was good. I just had to fake a coughing fit to keep from making scene.

Hahaha.. nicely done. Laughed my ass off.

Minnesota does a pretty good job of screening academics, so if he gets in here, then I'm confident he did what was needed to qualify. Usually qualifying requires more work then many of these athletes ever did in high school, and therefore have proven they are academically capable if they continue that kind of effort in college.

Hasan Lipscomb
Marqueis Gray

Hasan Lipscomb
Marqueis Gray

?
Lipscomb couldn't get in, is working on improving his grades to the level required at the U of MN.
Gray's grades were not the issue, his ACT was flagged by the NCAA, he worked hard to get another test score, did so and was accepted back in. Neither of these are good examples to rip on the U of MN's academic standards or screening process, in fact these are both good examples of why any athlete accepted to Minnesota is probably good to go academically.

I get that your a wisky fan, so your mental prowess is lower than the average chimpanzee, but you might want to read up(if you can read) on the specific details of examples before you attempt to use them to make a case.

I guess I missed the part where James Green had been accepted into school.

?
Lipscomb couldn't get in, is working on improving his grades to the level required at the U of MN.
Gray's grades were not the issue, his ACT was flagged by the NCAA, he worked hard to get another test score, did so and was accepted back in. Neither of these are good examples to rip on the U of MN's academic standards or screening process, in fact these are both good examples of why any athlete accepted to Minnesota is probably good to go academically.

I get that your a wisky fan, so your mental prowess is lower than the average chimpanzee, but you might want to read up(if you can read) on the specific details of examples before you attempt to use them to make a case.

I guess I missed the part where James Green had been accepted into school.

He's enrolling in December so I'm sure everythings been taking care of. Also what makes anyone believe that for a second straight year he wouldn't qualify ? I'm glad you're concerned about this young man's education though.

Top Bottom