James Green drops Gophers for Toledo

James Green

James Green's high school QB Austin Dantin will likely be the starter for Toledo.Dantin was the starter at the end of season and put up about 400 yds Total Offense in the season finale.He has a very bright future ahead.The Rocket Offense finished #13 in the nation in Total Offense inspite of losing their starting QB with a torn rotator cuff about half way through the season. Green will pair with Freshman All-American WR Eric Page. Toledo also picked up JUCO All-American WR Quintin Robinson along with Illinois transfer 4 Star WR Cordell Scott from Cleveland Glenville. Since Coach Beckman came on board last year academics have been a priority.Toledo has two verbal commits that were offered academic rides to Harvard.The last non-qualifer to put on a Rocket uniform was Junior RB Morgan Williams who was a former Coach Amstutz recruit.Coach Beckman and staff have probably put together the MAC's best recruiting class with 2-4 star and 8-3 star recruits so far. UT is about ready to open it's new Fetterman Indoor Practice Facility and has invested about $40 million in sports facility upgrades.

Likely scenario: Minnesota coaches hear of a talented receiver that is having trouble getting into school. Maybe his high school coach called and asked the Gophers to try and get him enrolled. Brewster and company decide that's it's worth the effort to see if he can get enrolled. As it turns out, he doesn't get accepted and is told, "We tried, but couldn't get you in." We hear you might be able to get into Toledo, so why don't you give them a call.

However it played out, I'm glad that we're at least willing to try and get the academically troubled blue chip players enrolled. Maybe one day we won't have to, but right now it's worth the little bit of effort to do so.

James Green's high school QB Austin Dantin will likely be the starter for Toledo.Dantin was the starter at the end of season and put up about 400 yds Total Offense in the season finale.He has a very bright future ahead.The Rocket Offense finished #13 in the nation in Total Offense inspite of losing their starting QB with a torn rotator cuff about half way through the season. Green will pair with Freshman All-American WR Eric Page. Toledo also picked up JUCO All-American WR Quintin Robinson along with Illinois transfer 4 Star WR Cordell Scott from Cleveland Glenville. Since Coach Beckman came on board last year academics have been a priority.Toledo has two verbal commits that were offered academic rides to Harvard.The last non-qualifer to put on a Rocket uniform was Junior RB Morgan Williams who was a former Coach Amstutz recruit.Coach Beckman and staff have probably put together the MAC's best recruiting class with 2-4 star and 8-3 star recruits so far. UT is about ready to open it's new Fetterman Indoor Practice Facility and has invested about $40 million in sports facility upgrades.

Good info. Thanks.

But it's still Toledo. There's something more to this story.

That said, I'll stand by my previous post and say that the reason doesn't really doesn't matter b/c the final outcome is Minnesota lost a talented player, and you can't have enough talented players. Our loss is Toledo's gain. BOL.

Shoot, I was looking forward to seeing him in maroon and gold. Oh well.

Brew has to go!

He can't coach and now obviously he can't even recruit like he is made out to be

BocaRocket,

Thanks for weighing in on the matter.
As I read about James Green's recruitment after he didn't make it into Tennessee last fall, I always noticed that Toledo was in the mix. The fact that his high school QB is already there sheds light on the subject.
We wish Green well.

BTW, we'll be cheering for a former Toledo Rocket this weekend...#29 Chester Taylor:D

I think after Brew gets fired next year we are going to look back to this year and say "why the he!! didn't we do this sooner". This years class is going to be somewhere in the range of Average - Below Average and I'm guessing whoever we could have brought in could have easily held this class to where we'll end up with Brew. Now we'll have back to back classes that will get us right where we've been for the last 40 years.

brew will not get fired next year. He will be coaching through his current contract at the very least and this class is not done yet, one commitment will skyrocket our ranking back up.

Forgive me for being too lazy to look this up, but isn't this the kid who made numerous comments about committing to the Gophers that this "was a lifelong dream" and how he was "so excited" to become a Gopher??? If so, I think it's clear that the switch wasn't his choice.

Are people really ripping Brewster because this kid could not get into the U? Is that Brewster's fault?

Did we lose this kid, or was he denied admittance? There is a big differance.

Really?

Are people really ripping Brewster because this kid could not get into the U? Is that Brewster's fault?

Did we lose this kid, or was he denied admittance? There is a big differance.

Not for the people ripping Brewster. They have been ripping and will continue to rip Brewster for just about anything, real or imagined. Go back and take a look after the MSU win. Many posters only wanted to talk about the penalties, not the victory.

Iowa and Wisconsin trolls, Masonites, "get under their skin" trolls, "never happy" trolls and even the rational "Brewster isn't going to make it, get rid of him now" guys all will respond to any chance to bitch about Brewster or the program. Hell, howeda made a rational observation yesterday that didn't include a major shot at Brewster and he was viewed as a Brewster apologist!:eek:

Get use to it or ignore it. it's not going to go away.

Top Bottom