Iverson and the MIAC

skoalvikings

Reaction score
Would Iverson start at a mid-level MIAC school? His plus-minus today must be record setting.
Missed Dunk, Turnovers, Bad D, he's really outdoing himself. The only thing that is missing is his Sunday Special--the offensive goal tending.

Give it a rest... the kid is a sophomore. He would be All America at MIAC level.

i just wish we could just merge sampsonand iverson, sampsons talent iversons bulk and strength...

Iverson did look good at the beginning of the season vs butler and texas A&M...he's hitting his sophomore slump at the wrong time...may as well tranfer...mabakwe and white will take away all of his minutes next year if he keeps this level of play up.

No one on our team is looking great, it's not all Iverson's fault. It's tough to keep up with a team when they're shooting 73% from the field.

49 points in a half is unacceptable, considering that OSU is not an offensive juggernaut. They're averaging well under 70 points/game since Turner's return.

Iverson had one of the worst 3 minute stretches I've seen by a player in a while. He isn't completely responsible for the 14 pt deficit but a good portion of it. At this point, I'd rather Carter spell Sampson than Iverson. Just not his day. You can't have a player that's that big of a liability out there in such an important game.

No Offense, but the first mention of Iversons being outclassed was made by Millions2Spare about 3 weeks ago, who suggested he might not be Big 10 ready. From the look of his play today, by all accounts he is overmatched at this level.

49 points in a half is unacceptable, considering that OSU is not an offensive juggernaut. They're averaging well under 70 points/game since Turner's return.

Iverson had one of the worst 3 minute stretches I've seen by a player in a while. He isn't completely responsible for the 14 pt deficit but a good portion of it. At this point, I'd rather Carter spell Sampson than Iverson. Just not his day. You can't have a player that's that big of a liability out there in such an important game.

They are the 5th best shooting team in the country.

They are the 5th best shooting team in the country.

Points scored by OSU in the past 6 games: 62, 70, 60, 76, 65, 65

Again, 49 points in a half is unacceptable when you're playing a team that's not an offensive juggernaut

Points scored by OSU in the past 6 games: 62, 70, 60, 76, 65, 65

Again, 49 points in a half is unacceptable when you're playing a team that's not an offensive juggernaut

That has more to do with pace than offensive ability.

That has more to do with pace than offensive ability.

It's unacceptable to allow 49 points in a half when you're not playing an offensive juggernaut.

OSU is averaging 66.5 pts/game over the past 6 games.

The Gophers trail by 14 at the half. Many reasons why OSU scored 49 points and many of them are unacceptable.

Seriously, give the kid a break. He's having a bad game today, and has had bad games this season, agreed. But he is a sophomore backup center. Many teams don't even have the luxury of having a true backup center to spell a starter and provide defense and occassional offense. His role is pretty simple: set picks, play d, and move the ball. Without him giving Sampson a break, we would go no bigger than Carter or DJ inside. That would be scary against any true centers.

No Offense, but the first mention of Iversons being outclassed was made by Millions2Spare about 3 weeks ago, who suggested he might not be Big 10 ready. From the look of his play today, by all accounts he is overmatched at this level.

agree, and he was ripped for it. It is 2/3 of the way through year 2, time for Colt to step it up...

Give it a rest on Iverson already. Next thing we'll see is a thread blaming this display on Westbrook somehow. The bottom line here is this team was already beaten before they even took the floor. And as such they're being just plain lazy on both ends of the floor. In other words, taking the court today for this game proved to be nothing more than a formality. Nice to see the guys are already to the point of the season where they are mailing in games. :mad::mad::mad:

They are an offensive juggernaut. http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Ohio St.

There is more than 15 minutes left in this game and they're 5 points away from matching their average since Turner returned to the lineup.

They're on pace to score over 100 points today, which would be 35 points more than their average over the past 6 games.

The fact you're debating this is stupid.

So if only 3 teams in the country shoot better and only 14 score more points per possession, they are a bad offensive team?

It's unacceptable to allow 64 points in less than 26 minutes while being down by 23 to a team that averages 66.5 points per game since Turner's return.

The Pace argument doesn't fly. The Gophers are helping with the pace, not trying to stop it. Everything about allowing 64 points in under 26 minutes to this OSU team is unacceptable.

Would Iverson start at a mid-level MIAC school? His plus-minus today must be record setting.
Missed Dunk, Turnovers, Bad D, he's really outdoing himself. The only thing that is missing is his Sunday Special--the offensive goal tending.

Iverson is being put in bad situations. They often try to get the ball to him on move. He's not capable of doing that. He's strictly low post. If he gets it there and takes his time - he's okay. I'd love to see him redshirt next year if White and Mbakwe return.

Iverson is being put in bad situations. They often try to get the ball to him on move. He's not capable of doing that. He's strictly low post. If he gets it there and takes his time - he's okay. I'd love to see him redshirt next year if White and Mbakwe return.

With a potential redshirt big-man coming next year, I'm thinking Tubby is ok with Iverson just continuing on, opening up a scholly sooner than later . It really seems to me that you can tell which Iverson you are going to get within the first minute he enters the game.

Get Chanse and Cory

The 3rd year redshirt is not a bad option. I want Iverson to succeed, but I'm starting to think he would be a very nice player for the South Dakota Jackrabbits... and I don't mean that as in insult, they play some good teams and he would be an impact player there. If we get Mbakwe next season, Colton's roll with the Gophers could be very minimal.

Top Bottom