Iverson and Bostick

stocker08

Reaction score
have no place on a big ten team. I do not like to bust on our own players but this is clear. Niether of these two seem to be capable of playing at a big ten level. I have no idea why tubby plays bostick as much as he does. Medicore defender and a poor shooter. I cringe every time he takes the floor and I am rarely impressed by any of his "plays".

Does Iverson remind you of a former Gopher Center. Maybe Spencer Tollackson. Extremely soft, no low post moves, slow, no jump shot. I really hope Iverson can develop his frame and game this coming off season.

Iverson is just a big body without any athleticism. He should be 11th or 12th man on next years team. Royce, Trevor, Eliason would be better options.

Forget Iverson for a while. My biggest problem is Bostick. He looks so awkward out there. His offensive game is laughable.

Bostick is a talent but he's totally lost it. He looked fine on offense early last year until Tubby started jerking him for every single defensive mistake. Him and Tubby are not a fit.

Forget Iverson for a while. My biggest problem is Bostick. He looks so awkward out there. His offensive game is laughable.

I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he plays better stoned, like Barkleys college teammate, but at the end of last year he scored 10 points in a bunch of games.

I feel slightly embarrassed when either of them are on the court when I watch games with my friends who aren't MN fans. So ugly to watch.

Iverson, ZERO points, 4 Turnovers, ZERO Rebounds

I've been down on Iverson all year, but this is ridiculous. Meanwhile Ralph is developing into a very nice player and had a very nice line.

Bga1 had the idea Iverson could use a redshirt year next season... that doesn't seem like a bad option.

I want Iverson to succeed here, but I'm starting to think he would be a very nice player for the South Dakota Jackrabbits. I don't mean that as in insult, they play some good teams and he would be an impact player. If we get Mbakwe next season, Colton's roll with the Gophers could be very minimal.

On the other hand, he is getting a free education at at the UofM, why would he leave.

I love people are ripping Iverson and Bostick, who nobody expected to be major contributes in this game anyways. But how does Devoe Joseph not get criticized at all? 2 baskets, 2 rebounds, 4 assists and ties Iverson with 4 turnovers.

Color me unimpressed with Devoe. I want to like him, I really do...but it really bugs me when he fires off a three from 8 feet behind the line when there is still plenty of time on the shot clock. He had some lazy passes that Evan Turner snatched and turned into big dunks, too.

Bostick is a talent but he's totally lost it. He looked fine on offense early last year until Tubby started jerking him for every single defensive mistake. Him and Tubby are not a fit.

I agree completely. In the 1st half, Bostick threw a alley oop pass just over the head of Williams. Instead of running back for defense, he walked straight toward the bench - he knew he was being pulled (and he was). He has completely lost confidence in his game.

As a coach, I always believed it was my job to get something out of every player. For whatever reason, Tubby failed miserably with Bostick. (I am sure there is some blame for both player and coach)

It's sad. Having seen Bostick in JUCO and at the Pulley League, we sure could have used is ability to create some offense for the bench.

I agree completely. In the 1st half, Bostick threw a alley oop pass just over the head of Williams. Instead of running back for defense, he walked straight toward the bench - he knew he was being pulled (and he was). He has completely lost confidence in his game.

As a coach, I always believed it was my job to get something out of every player. For whatever reason, Tubby failed miserably with Bostick. (I am sure there is some blame for both player and coach)

It's sad. Having seen Bostick in JUCO and at the Pulley League, we sure could have used is ability to create some offense for the bench.

add Williams to that mix.
catch, look, pass the ball back.
this from a lottery pick next year???

Top Bottom