It's official

Huzzah, another inept offensive year is on the horizon!

Um...I'm not a member so I can't read the whole article, but nothing about the first paragraph seems any more definitive then previous blog posts/articles from other sources. Not saying Fisch isn't gone (i'm assuming he is at this point) but I don't see this link signaling it officially. At this point we've got a ton of smoke but no 100% "yes he's gone" confirmation.

If there is more specific info (not impending but actually confirmed and done) in the article please feel free to share. :)

Um...I'm not a member so I can't read the whole article, but nothing about the first paragraph seems any more definitive then previous blog posts/articles from other sources. Not saying Fisch isn't gone (i'm assuming he is at this point) but I don't see this link signaling it officially. At this point we've got a ton of smoke but no 100% "yes he's gone" confirmation.

If there is more specific info (not impending but actually confirmed and done) in the article please feel free to share. :)

+1

Is Fisch the guy Brew called a "kill shot" or was that someone else?

Will the next guy be a "kill shot" as well?

Yes. But based on the time that passed between the ill-advised "kill shot" comment and the hire I'm betting Brew was referring to a different coach who ended up passing on the position.

It might be possible that Brewser was taught how to shoot within Tubby's offense. :clap:

"Tim Brewster is once again in the market for a new offensive coordinator" are you guys really that stubborn? wow.

I think Heupel was the supposed kill-shot.

"Tim Brewster is once again in the market for a new offensive coordinator" are you guys really that stubborn? wow.

No it's not that we're stubborn, it's that we're waiting for the actual confirmation so we can move on. This is the third time we've been told that he's gone as if it's finally been announced and it's another non news event reporting the same smoke we saw a week ago.

Nobody ever includes the whole quote. Brew really said "Fisch is a kill shot. By kill shot I mean our new OC will kill Weber's career."

Nobody ever includes the whole quote. Brew really said "Fisch is a kill shot. By kill shot I mean our new OC will kill Weber's career."

Oh yeah they have. Substitute 'Brewster" for "Weber" and combine the totals and, on this board alone, it's been quoted about 150 times!:)

No it's not that we're stubborn, it's that we're waiting for the actual confirmation so we can move on. This is the third time we've been told that he's gone as if it's finally been announced and it's another non news event reporting the same smoke we saw a week ago.

I'm having trouble seeing because there's so much smoke in this room.:cool02:

Sigh. Please try reading my reply where I admit that I think he's a goner. Then try to realize that this article is based upon an assumption and contains no factual news or update worth talking about. It cool that the Rivals guys like to use strong language like "Tim Brewster is once again in the marker for a new offensive coordinator". But since it's not, ya know, actually true yet my point was that this is simply one of the many threads where rumor is being reported as fact. I don't doubt that the definitive fact is coming (frankly I'd be shocked if Fisch stays). But in the meantime I'm simply pointing out that this article isn't saying definitively that Fisch to Seattle is a done deal (i.e. with actual proof like a press release). Important qualification: this is based off a reading of the opening lines...please feel free to quote from the section that lies behind the paywall to prove me wrong as I have already admitted that I can't see that content.

I'm having trouble seeing because there's so much smoke in this room.:cool02:

Agreed...I'm just tired of people posting rumor as fact. I don't care if we all believe it is inevitable. Rumor and assumption is not fact. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

I am in the camp that will wait until a press release is issued before I believe that Fisch is indeed a goner.

In the meantime, doesn't mean we can't speculate on who a possible replacement could be.

Perhaps he is gone, but "official" has a rather particular meaning.

Sigh. Please try reading my reply where I admit that I think he's a goner. Then try to realize that this article is based upon an assumption and contains no factual news or update worth talking about. It cool that the Rivals guys like to use strong language like "Tim Brewster is once again in the marker for a new offensive coordinator". But since it's not, ya know, actually true yet my point was that this is simply one of the many threads where rumor is being reported as fact. I don't doubt that the definitive fact is coming (frankly I'd be shocked if Fisch stays). But in the meantime I'm simply pointing out that this article isn't saying definitively that Fisch to Seattle is a done deal (i.e. with actual proof like a press release). Important qualification: this is based off a reading of the opening lines...please feel free to quote from the section that lies behind the paywall to prove me wrong as I have already admitted that I can't see that content.

Sorry, I wasn't actually directing my comment at you.

Top Bottom