Its like an article in the onion

Brew_recruit

Reaction score
Fisch becomes NFL quarterbacks coach. What a joke. He turned Weber into a dIII qb and now he gets to work with the best of the best. I can't wait to see him get exposed on a larger level then the gophs.

backwards

Weber turned Fisch's offense into the worst in the big ten. If Weber could complete 10 yard passes then Fisch's offense would have been very good and we would have won at least 3 more games (Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State)

Weber turned Fisch's offense into the worst in the big ten. If Weber could complete 10 yard passes then Fisch's offense would have been very good and we would have won at least 3 more games (Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State)

It wasn't all on Weber. There were to many times when play calls were late and while Weber missed guys, many, many times no one was open. He could have taken off more often but he didn't. That could have been him or Fisch's directive. Who knows.

I've said it before but yeah, I wish him well, I'm glad he's gone. The cliche is that it takes "3 or 4 years" for a QB to "get it" in the NFL. That timeframe doesn't exist in college.

There's plenty of blame to go around. What bugs me is, despite his denials, Fisch used this job as a steppingstone. It was a paycheck for one year and if you think about it, he's lucky to have had the opportunity. Therefore he deserves our disdain. I got a gut feeling, he never advances beyond position coach.

Man leads offense to bottom of big slow and then gets promoted to the NFL. THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

Bankonit is the biggest homer for the awful joke of a

program Minnesota has become in the last three years.

Give it up already, Banonit, the end is near.

Then Fisch should have put together an office that Weber was capable of running. You have to do what you can with the talent you have available, that's his job.

I'll just say that Fisch/Weber was not a marriage made in heaven.

oakstreet, nice to see you're still around spreading your daily sunshine. I imagine you'd gripe if you peed champagne and crapped caviar.

:clap:You get awarded the Spin of the Week.:clap:

You do realize Weber WAS an All-Big 10 quarterback until Fisch got ahold of him.

All BT Honorable Mention. Nice spin.

From gophersports.com:

2008 • SOPHOMORE SEASON:
Earned second team All-Big Ten honors from the league’s coaches and honorable mention accolades from the media •

Correction - YOU are awarded the :clap:Spin of the Week:clap:

Congrats buddy! Maybe do a quick fact check next time you try to correct someone.

You aren't always going to get matches made in Heaven. A coach's system cannot be predicated on getting matches made in Heaven. If this was the NFL, the coaches could draft, trade or sign free agents to get the personnel needed. A college coach who can't get the most out of his players is a failure.

Top Bottom