It's early, but this offensive line is better than last year

kg21

Reaction score
They run block basically the same, but they seem to pass block much better. Morgan has had all day in these four games. When we played low end teams last year, he would still get pressured. Not so much this year.

Last edited:

They run block basically the same, but they seem to pass block much better. Morgan has had all day in these four games. When we played low end teams, he would still get pressured. Not so much this year.
I think they are doing great. The offense is also simply better run because a real OC is here. Puts his guys in better positions.

Saw a lot of guys getting injured on their D. Not sure if that's related to how our O line/TEs are playing. Could be a very physical line?

Whole team is playing great right now. OL has been very impressive as Morgan is seeing very little pressure. Lot was made of the MSU DE, don't recall him being a factor at all today.

Whole team is playing great right now. OL has been very impressive as Morgan is seeing very little pressure. Lot was made of the MSU DE, don't recall him being a factor at all today.
Did Tanner get sacked? Hit? Pressured??

Did Tanner get sacked? Hit? Pressured??
There was the facemask play but but was one of the only times I remember them getting to Morgan in the backfield. Only hits were during his runs I think.

There was the facemask play but but was one of the only times I remember them getting to Morgan in the backfield. Only hits were during his runs I think.
Forgot about that because obviously was a positive for the gophers. Would like to see the hurry stats. Seemed very rare.

Scheme better with man on man pass protection?
I think the ball is coming out of Morgan's hands much faster. Our passing tree did not fit our offense last year (at all).

It's like in 2019 (and now with KC back), our offense has synergy. Our passing game compliments our running game and vice versa.

MSU didn’t seem to blitz much, preferring to leave LBs in coverage, I guess (because DBs are ineffective?). Tanner stayed clean except for the guy who grabbed Tanner’s face mask and pulled hard.

Iowa leads Rutger 24-3 at end of 3rd Q. Iowa’s offense hasn’t suddenly gotten better. Iowa’s D has scored 14 points.

Forgot about that because obviously was a positive for the gophers. Would like to see the hurry stats. Seemed very rare.
Can't really recall him having to run for his life or force any throws. If he was under duress at all it was not very often.

Top Bottom