It is Thursday...who is playing QB Saturday?

So again, you’re claiming that the NFL explicitly implemented a rule because of sports gambling, and they publicly announced it as that?

If not, please elaborate why you think you’re correct beyond something like “well that’s what makes sense”.

This is a well-known fact. There is a great website that you might want to try, it's called Google. You have an awful habit of demanding people chew your food for you.

Question I can't answer: how soon before a game does a player have to be "cleared" in order to play?

My understanding is that the protocol is overseen by the trainers and medical staff. Based on their criteria, at some point, the player is either cleared to participate, or they determine he is not available. So, if the player is 'cleared' on Thursday, he could go through the practice/walk-through on Friday and play on Saturday. But, if the player is cleared on Friday, does he play on Saturday even if he hasn't practiced?

We hear the phrase "game-time decision" all the time with injuries - but I have to think that they handle a concussion differently than an ankle or a knee. So again - when does the player have to be 'cleared' in order to play that week? any ideas? thoughts? dirty limericks?
I think if they are cleared...then it is each individual head coaches decision whether a player plays or not.
PJ said Martin was cleared but hadn’t practiced so he held him out. I truly think it should be decided on a case by case basis.
If PJ has a rule he made that you have to practice to play, then he should follow it or or he should have never made the rule in the first place.
Do we know if Morgan has practiced this week? I don’t think we know that for sure he had a concussion.
I think we’ll find out sometime after 11 on Saturday.

Absolutely 0 info but to me seems unlikely Morgan plays. NW is down to their 3rd string QB and the first 2 were pretty awful. Feels to me like a Kramer/Clark start with a lot more wildcat with Seth Green and just running downhill on them.

Lotta people butt hurt about not knowing. Who cares? Will it change things for you to find out tomorrow morning?

Lotta people butt hurt about not knowing. Who cares? Will it change things for you to find out tomorrow morning?
This is priceless. Yeah, ridiculous that folks on a team message board would want to discuss who the QB of their team will be.

I’m trying to picture in your mind what we should care about?
- Who will play QB? Who cares. Butt hurt.
- Did coach make right call? Who cares. Butt hurt.
- Are we gonna win? Who cares. Butt hurt.

None of these things will change things if we don’t find out until tomorrow, so who cares? Time to shut GH down.

I am taking "in protocol" to mean Tanner won't play. This game is too important to not go all out. I am guessing that Clark will start but if he is not effective, Kramer will also get a shot. It would be good to keep the red shirts but in this day and age who knows if Clark or Kramer will be around for 5 years.

I am taking "in protocol" to mean Tanner won't play. This game is too important to not go all out. I am guessing that Clark will start but if he is not effective, Kramer will also get a shot. It would be good to keep the red shirts but in this day and age who knows if Clark or Kramer will be around for 5 years.
The best outcome possible, in my opinion, would be for Clark to start today and have a huge, dominant performance.

That does three, great things:
- keeps Morgan as healthy as possible for Wisc
- gets meaningful, real game reps for Clark
- possibly helps to convince Clark not to transfer out, if he thinks Morgan is the defacto starter for the next two years

You are
The best outcome possible, in my opinion, would be for Clark to start today and have a huge, dominant performance.

That does three, great things:
- keeps Morgan as healthy as possible for Wisc
- gets meaningful, real game reps for Clark
- possibly helps to convince Clark not to transfer out, if he thinks Morgan is the defacto starter for the next two years
I like how you think

That would be a more effectively argument if he was only running goal line plays. If you need 2 yards, Seth will get you 3. If you need 4 yards, Seth will get you 3. If he ever busts one for 20-30 maybe I’ll see it differently.
Is 25 yards enough?

Top Bottom