It Could Be Worse

Duluthguy

Reaction score
For those of you not thrilled with this year's recruiting class, you may feel better to see how Kelly is doing at ND. He landed three new commits today. (1). A qb previously committed to Cinci. His only other offer was from wisky.(2) An athlete previously committed to Toledo. All other offers were MAC schools. And (3). A defensive player with no other offers. None. Zip. Nada. For the record, those in the know at ND are pretty sure SH is headed to Ohio State.

I don't need to look at other schools' lists to feel better. I just reviewed the U recruit list and am having a tough time seeing the doom and gloom some of the whiners on this board keep trying to shove down our throats. Some of you are relentlessly massaging personal agendas that have little to do with an objective look at the group of fine players heading our way with this newest recruiting class. What a disservice to our school, its loyal fans and hard working players and coaches. Take it somewhere else.

I agree with max. We have some people hanging around who have an axe to grind. It astounds me that people would dedicate so much time and energy attacking this team. It's really pathetic.

While I can see why someone would be disappointed in this recruiting class compared to the previous classes (not the star power.) I do like the fact that many of the higher rated players fit positions of need for the gophers (OL, TE, and DB). Although I wouldn't mind seeing another RB signed.

Let's face it, this class is full of 2 star athletes. It looks like a ton of raw talent is on board (that DE we just signed from Texas, Ragoo, the beast of a DT from NJ). But, when you compare the guys we have coming and the types that are going to contribute next year and possibly keep Brewster at Minnesota for a long time, the talent we already have in the Twin Cities better develop because these guys aren't contributing until 2013 at the earliest.

?

Let's face it, this class is full of 2 star athletes. It looks like a ton of raw talent is on board (that DE we just signed from Texas, Ragoo, the beast of a DT from NJ). But, when you compare the guys we have coming and the types that are going to contribute next year and possibly keep Brewster at Minnesota for a long time, the talent we already have in the Twin Cities better develop because these guys aren't contributing until 2013 at the earliest.

So far out of 24 commitments we only have 4 two star athletes, the rest are three and four star.

If Brew has shown one talent in his time here, it is that he can win recruiting battles with other BCS schools. If you look at Mason's last six years, based on Rivals.com, we finished 3rd once (2003), 9th four times, and 10th once. Brew has dramatically changed that trend. 3rd, 6th and currently 6th. Yes, I know, whether he can get the most out of the talent is the big question, but we're talking recruiting.) We aren't going to be top 3 in the conference every year unless we start finishing that high in the standings each year, which appears a long way off. But, the collection of players we have this year is a nice group with plenty to be excited about. If Brew pulls of a big surprise and convinces SH to stay (I think OSU), then it will be very hard to find anything to complain about.

Top Bottom