ISU 2010 Recruits

It's a program with potential, and that means playing time and potential, Brews message. It's a winning message. Also I wonder if they are benifiting from Iowa's good recruiting year, possibly a few regionals who don't see daylight with the hawks?

The Gophers are about 20 spots ahead of ISU in the rankings although that doesn't include the bad news on Huff. Still, saying the classes are about the same appears to be a stretch. Brewster must come up with some big additions to this class. He was hired for his recruiting ability and taking a step back in that area is not acceptable.

When will people here learn that three star recruits are not, and should not be hard for a high major to get?

When will people here learn that three star recruits are not, and should not be hard for a high major to get?

Probably the further we get away from Mason's awful recruiting, the more people will realize how most decent programs recruit.

I don't follow recruiting all that closely, but my impression is that Iowa kicked our butt in-state this year. Not surprising in view of the coaching debacle and losing seasons that have marked the past 3-4 years of Cyclone football.

The Gophers are about 20 spots ahead of ISU in the rankings although that doesn't include the bad news on Huff. Still, saying the classes are about the same appears to be a stretch. Brewster must come up with some big additions to this class. He was hired for his recruiting ability and taking a step back in that area is not acceptable.

I think that one reason the Gopher's class is nearly 20 spots ahead of ISU is that ISU has about 4 recruits have not been "rated" (Zero Stars), which really lowers the average rating of the class. Even if these recruits were all given 2 stars (the lowest rating possible) that would affect the overall ranking.

When it's all said and done, it doesn't really matter. If memory serves Marion Barber was only a two or three star recruit coming out of high school. Iowa State has a 4 star reciever on the team right now (who received offers from multiple major programs) & he is probably the worst of all our receivers (several 2-star recruits have performed way better). You never know until you get them on the field.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Johnson-51538

It's much easier to recruit in Minnesota when you're the only D1 program. Rhoads has done a fabulous job in Ames especially in recruiting. Don't misinterpret his class, it may not be a top 25 class but it is enough to compete. He's done well considering how poorly he's recruited Iowa. He has barely gotten any of the state's talent.

tom herman, the oc, of isu is a master of recruiting, not to mention what the dc can recruit for the team. they are all over the place in terms of recruiting. texas is the state that they have the most success recruiting, but the florida recruits are starting to stack up. as an isu fan following the team for almost a decade, this is the best recruiting class that i have seen for isu, and this is only the 1st year of the paul rhoads era. it will be interesting next year when isu's sos goes from one the easiest to one the hardest, and if the team can still pull out victories. their nonconference schedule is rediculous (connecticut, utah, iowa), let alone that they will play oklahoma and texas back to back. if the cyclones can go 6-6 next year with that schedule, the recruiting can only get better and better. bobby bowden reincarnate...that's right, paul rhoads. it's amazing what a coach can do for a team when he actually shows love and emotion for that school.

Top Bottom