Isaiah Dahlman Minutes Played

Yes! Let's taunt Michigan State's 12th man. Then we'll capture that elusive Big Ten title and a Rose Bowl berth.......Its nice to be up here in the ivory tower with other civilized people.

I am so tempted to say something about this thread, but to be honest, it isn't worth talking about.

Your justification for taunting weaker opponents falls under the category of a non-sequitur logical fallacy--your argument's reasoning (or lack there of) does not follow a logical conclusion. Your argument would, therefore, be framed as such:

Premise: Minnesota Gopher basketball and football teams have only won 2 of 76 Big Ten Titles.
Minnesota Gopher Fans don't properly "taunt" their opponents.

Conclusion: Minnesota Gopher Fans lack of proper "taunting" technique is the reason their basketball and football teams
don't have more Big Ten Titles.

But hey, who said all Gopher Fans have to be logical, intelligent human beings. :rolleyes:

Drex96 I am embarrassed for you that you actually posted this.

I hope people like Drex96 and CPGopher enjoy the game from the comfort of their own homes. We don't need people like these two with their holier than thou attitude dampening our spirit at the Barn. Many people on this board want to restore the home court advantage that was enjoyed for so many years and cheering on local recruits (for the Gophers) or taunting opposing local products (no matter where they are on the bench) is part of our agenda.

So how will taunting the last guy off the bench help the Gophers win? I'm all for taunting, and the more classless the better as long as it helps, but this just seems dumb.

I agree with From the Barn (yikes!). I'm all for verbal abuse, but the whole point is to affect the opposing team's performance, and chanting at their 12th man really won't affect much.

Memo to CP Gopher, though: We don't chant at 20-year olds to make us feel better. Most of us in the student section are around 20 so the age doesn't matter. We chant to help our team win, by trying to affect the other team. I'm not sure how you can't see that. We don't go home happy thinking, "well, we lost, but I feel great I could rip into that player." We just want to win, and will do all in our power to help.

Give it a rest people...Are we all drunk???? Hello!!!!! Let's beat High Point tonight at about 93-50, then bring on the Michigan State and Ohio State and beat their butts........GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard High Point's 13th man was considering Minnesota, but opted out. ....Give him hell today.

Has anyone else had enough of Dahlman's mom (CP Gopher) defending him on here? I understand it's natural for a mother to protect her son, but give it a rest.

I guess I'm probably one the quieter fans at the game. But, I do my share of sweating and screaming. I don't believe that outrageous behavior wins or loses games. But, it is part of sports participation and one of the most entertaining parts. Dahlman was highly recruited and he chose to leave his state to play. There is no way he isn't going to get the worst of the hecklers when he plays here. He rides the pines and the "we told you so" people are going to love it. I can take it either way.

I think we should probably stop the "air ball" chant as well. It might hurt someone's feelings.

"We didn't get our way....so we're going to yell mean things at you.".........Teenage girl response?

We don't need people like these two with their holier than thou attitude dampening our spirit at the Barn. Many people on this board want to restore the home court advantage that was enjoyed for so many years ...
Yeah, booing a team like High Point as they come on the floor really gets into their heads. Otherwise, they'd probably have played like a team with an RPI of 299. :confused:

BTW, who appointed you the arbiter of what "we" need and/or want? ;)

I heard High Point's 13th man was considering Minnesota, but opted out. ....Give him hell today

We did and it wasn't all that funny. kind of pathetic actually.:(

Not sure why I'm weighing in on this but...

I guess to me, the issue all boils down to Dahlman's actions.

Since I wasn't living there at the time, I don't have the local information that many of you do. If Dahlman took a few shots at the Gophers program on his way out of the state then I would consider him fair game on Wednesday, and would probably think it was kind of amusing to see what the fans could come up with.

But if he simply went to MSU because it's a better program and he thought it was best for him, what's the point of getting on his case, especially if he's not playing?

Is it more complicated than this?

Good humor, have to say I like the idea of the "play isaiah" chant. Although it would suck if he got out there and lit it up for 20 points.

Top Bottom