Is there any point to having the B1G+ app??

NYtoWItoMN

Reaction score
My subscription is specifically for UMN sports, but haven't been able to watch anything live besides women's hockey/volleyball...

I plan to watch bball on it, then miss the beginning and get pissed off then ignore my phone and scores until there's a replay available... I could just stream it live, but figured I'd do this legit...

Wtf am I paying for?!? Am I missing something? Is this really a subscription to watch replays????

My subscription is specifically for UMN sports, but haven't been able to watch anything live besides women's hockey/volleyball...

I plan to watch bball on it, then miss the beginning and get pissed off then ignore my phone and scores until there's a replay available... I could just stream it live, but figured I'd do this legit...

Wtf am I paying for?!? Am I missing something? Is this really a subscription to watch replays????
I was thinking the exact same thing all you get is replays don’t get to watch live like we used to

There are games on B1G+ that aren’t broadcast on other channels (the Friday hockey game was on B1G+). Games are then archived on there so you can watch them after the game is complete.

If they let you watch games live, there would be no incentive for you to to pay for cable/satellite/streaming that include the channels (B1G, Fox, NBC/Peacock, FS1, CBS) that pay massive $ for broadcast rights. At which point, the broadcast rights wouldn’t be worth nearly as much and schools wouldn’t be paid. Almost all sports broadcasting works this way and is not unique to B1G.

I subscribed and so far, I've had a chance to watch about 3 womens games. I'd say it's worth it to me. The announcers leave a lot to be desired in that you wonder if a couple of them have actually watched, or are watching the game they are broadcasting or just following their press notes. Watched a play in which they announced a wide-open look, when in reality, the player being mentioned was working against a double-team with a third defender closing in on them. But they're young and inexperienced, so you kinda gotta give them a pass.

I subscribed and so far, I've had a chance to watch about 3 womens games. I'd say it's worth it to me. The announcers leave a lot to be desired in that you wonder if a couple of them have actually watched, or are watching the game they are broadcasting or just following their press notes. Watched a play in which they announced a wide-open look, when in reality, the player being mentioned was working against a double-team with a third defender closing in on them. But they're young and inexperienced, so you kinda gotta give them a pass.
Is their mentors for these announcers? I sure hope that we hear improvement as the season moves along.

All of the announcers has done the hardest thing correctly right now. Got the names of the visiting team's players right. There has been very little misidentification of players.

according to my schedule, the Gopher men have two upcoming games that are BTN+ only - IUPUI and Ball State.

it all comes down to - how badly do you want to watch the games and how much are you willing to pay. BTN+ is $9.95 a month. I signed up for a month of Peacock to watch a couple of Gopher games. they have two more on Peacock in late December and early January, including one conference game, so I might shell out for another month.

It's really not that much different than paying to watch a movie on streaming.

only in the movie, the good guys usually win. with the Gophers.......................

according to my schedule, the Gopher men have two upcoming games that are BTN+ only - IUPUI and Ball State.

it all comes down to - how badly do you want to watch the games and how much are you willing to pay. BTN+ is $9.95 a month. I signed up for a month of Peacock to watch a couple of Gopher games. they have two more on Peacock in late December and early January, including one conference game, so I might shell out for another month.

It's really not that much different than paying to watch a movie on streaming.

only in the movie, the good guys usually win. with the Gophers.......................
It's always free on radio 😎 btw, anyone got feedback on the Grimm/Nolan combo?

I was thinking the exact same thing all you get is replays don’t get to watch live like we used to
I watch live stuff all the time. Volleyball, Hockey, Women's basketball, softball, baseball, wrestling, etc. etc.

The announcing on Big Ten + ranges from comical to unlistenable. You can mute the sound except there are rarely graphics other than the score.
Definitely worth it for womens basketball and I believe the guys have had a few games too.
I have appreciated it...November/December.

The announcing on Big Ten + ranges from comical to unlistenable. You can mute the sound except there are rarely graphics other than the score.
Definitely worth it for womens basketball and I believe the guys have had a few games too.
I have appreciated it...November/December.
I was remarking to my wife the other day: we've reached the point in civilization where the radio broadcast (Gaard, KFXN) is eighteen times better than the television broadcast (BTN+). It's literally crazy how bad the BTN+ broadcast is.

I watch it all the time, been screen sharing womens basketball on my living room TV live. Figure it out

Is it worth it? ...which team do you follow?

I was remarking to my wife the other day: we've reached the point in civilization where the radio broadcast (Gaard, KFXN) is eighteen times better than the television broadcast (BTN+). It's literally crazy how bad the BTN+ broadcast is.
Agree, the commentating is laughable!

I like it. Let's me follow the non-revenue sports. Before, with sports like women's hockey, softball, and baseball, I would want to get fired up for the NCAA or Big Ten tourney when those games were televised, but it was hard having not seen any regular season games to feel fully invested. Also, gives me more chance of having a live sport I'm interested in when I jump on a treadmill.

I signed up for BTN+ because I am a fan, win or lose. I also signed up for Peacock. Peacock is excellent and is half the cost of BTN+. My biggest issues with BTN+ are them showing replays all the time during game time and the jr high announcers. In the game yesterday, the gophers were up 35 with less than 15 minutes to go and the announcer said it was still anybody's game.

I signed up for BTN+ because I am a fan, win or lose. I also signed up for Peacock. Peacock is excellent and is half the cost of BTN+. My biggest issues with BTN+ are them showing replays all the time during game time and the jr high announcers. In the game yesterday, the gophers were up 35 with less than 15 minutes to go and the announcer said it was still anybody's game.
Man, I think the announcers are the best part. Yesterday was hilarious.

Top Bottom