Is It Wrong?

SMU GOPHS FAN

Reaction score
Is it wrong that I am more nervous/excited about tomorrow than I was about my wedding day four years ago? What does that say about me?

Is it wrong that I am more nervous/excited about tomorrow than I was about my wedding day four years ago? What does that say about me?

I sure hope you have the good sense not to mention this to your wife. :D

I sure hope you have the good sense not to mention this to your wife. :D

Hey, he's just being honest and maybe he's not the only one who has had that thought. I on the other hand am going to think better of elaborating because my wife knows what I post under.

Uh yeah, my wife(now of 3 weeks) is really peeved that I'm so excited for tommorow, she'll come around when she gets in our seats, but I'm planning on a mouth shut strategy as far as which day will be more exciting

Hey, he's just being honest and maybe he's not the only one who has had that thought. I on the other hand am going to think better of elaborating because my wife knows what I post under.

There is honest and there is foolish. :) For his sake I hope he doesn't get too excited at the game and blurt that out.

You knew how your wedding would turn out: but you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Feel free to tell your wife about the nervousness part because you knew you were making the right decision. Avoid using the words "more excited" about the football game. :)

I'm mad at my wife for having a friend getting married tomorrow at 2 and then having the nerve to invite us to the reception. I"m actually pissed cause I know my wife will want to be there all night long

The crazy thing is, I have a feeling my wife knows how freakishly excited I am about tomorrow. She told me last night that I am obsessed with Gopher football...and then I thought, I have finally arrived as a fan.

The crazy thing is, I have a feeling my wife knows how freakishly excited I am about tomorrow. She told me last night that I am obsessed with Gopher football...and then I thought, I have finally arrived as a fan.

This sounds very familiar. I have found myself sneaking sessions with the Gopher Hole on my ipod and watching the Big Ten Network with the sound down low because my wife keeps walking through and saying "The Gophers AGAIN?"

My wife too..

Seems to react to anything that is important to me. I reminded her twice about the stadium opening tomorrow and her response yesturday was, "Oh, already?"

Now I am trying to imagine how she will interupt the TV broadcast even though she will be at work.

My wife is ready for this day to come and go. All I do is talk about tomorrow to her and she is getting tired of it. Of course she will be with me and is a little excited but no where near where I am.

Besides having a child I don't think I've been more excited for one day.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that is feeling this way. Go Gophs!!

A couple thoughts. For this game, all you have to do is show up. For your wedding, there was probably a lot to do and a lot of chaos. Not all of the preparation for a wedding is fun.

Secondly, you knew you were going to score, and didn't mind if both participants scored. ;)

My Wife of 22 years and partner of Gopher Football season tickets for 19 years is a control freak (God Love her). I have looked forward to this sacred day forever and have taken complete control of our tailgate plans for tomorrow which is driving her nuts. Although I have to say she is being a good sport about this and is just as excited as I am, just not a fanatical.

Gopher fan married to an Iowa fan!

I can't believe it, after 13 years of marriage, I have finally cracked through and converted my wife from a hawkeye fan to a gopher fan. Can't wait for tomorrow night. Will be watching on TV.

Well, if you were going to be 'up to bat' for the first time on your wedding night you should have been a lot more excited (worried, apprehensive, scared) then than you are now for the game. If not, then it's a close call.

I'm pretty sure my new hubby is in some ways more excited for tomorrow than he was for our wedding a few months back, but there are a lot more unknowns about tomorrow and we have waited a lot longer for this than we did for our wedding day! Good news is i'm about as excited as him.

Go Gophers!

The difference is that you have lived with a POS stadium for 27 years, but - one hopes - had not lived with a POS spouse for 27 years prior to your marriage.

I'm pretty sure my new hubby is in some ways more excited for tomorrow than he was for our wedding a few months back, but there are a lot more unknowns about tomorrow and we have waited a lot longer for this than we did for our wedding day! Good news is i'm about as excited as him.

Go Gophers!

Thanks Addicted, that definitely makes me feel better knowing my wife probably does understand!! :clap:

SMU GOPHS FAN, since you seem to have went to or currently attend SMU, can you hook me up with Nastia Liukin? ;)

Top Bottom