Is it possible to kick Bobbie to the curb?

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
Not sure how you all feel about her, but after 2 games I know I have had enough of her media timeout in game spots. At one point tonight during the 3rd quarter I could have swore she was 3 sheets to the wind. Maybe it's just her first time doing this type of activity and it will improve as the season goes on.

I'd rather dismiss the official who kept blowing his whistle before he shut off his mic.

Mrs. Billd is not impressed with Bobbie, especially reliance on cue cards. Voice over the PA is not appealing either.

Since we're on this type of topic, missed the Jackrabbits opener so saw the new "electricity-static noise" bit on the Big Board for making noise for 3rd downs for the first time. NOT A HIT with Mrs. Billd either. I will be shooting a message off to the AD later today. At that volume worse than fingernails on a blackboard for her.

That is all.

Mrs. Billd is not impressed with Bobbie, especially reliance on cue cards. Voice over the PA is not appealing either.

Since we're on this type of topic, missed the Jackrabbits opener so saw the new "electricity-static noise" bit on the Big Board for making noise for 3rd downs for the first time. NOT A HIT with Mrs. Billd either. I will be shooting a message off to the AD later today. At that volume worse than fingernails on a blackboard for her.

That is all.

The electricity noise was obnoxious, not to mention cheesy and amateurish. The "good" news for you is that it made its debut yesterday, so you didn't miss anything!

Politics aside, I have found that the production and execution of new sports programs on Fox channels to be low quality. It feels like they toss a bunch of new hires together in the hope that it turns out professional. I think that sideline reporters using cue cards is a hurdle that needs to be cleared before going on a broadcast that goes out regionally and especially before a national broadcast.

I only saw the first half of the game, since Gopher volleyball started at 4 pm on BTN+. My daughter plays for her HS JV team and loves to study their play.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is all.

I agree, she is very hard to understand and brings nothing to the fan experience, the new Electric battery noise is very annoying. It seems that they are trying their best to turn a college football game into a minor league baseball game, drives me nuts. We have a great band and they are hardly ever allowed to play music or drum cadences during the breaks. it added to my reasons for dropping my season hockey tickets

I don’t mind her specifically, I just hate that we have an in game “host.” Makes it feel way too much like an NBA game. Go back the way it was two years ago and just have the PA announcer do everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despise having a "hostess" but I like her better than previous. Static thing needs to GO! We have a band and cheerleaders and a PA that can play music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t mind her specifically, I just hate that we have an in game “host.” Makes it feel way too much like an NBA game. Go back the way it was two years ago and just have the PA announcer do everything.

A host is fine; Jaime needs a break. There's no need to have Jaime shout about every appearance of the T-shirt canon.

Just let the band do their thing..... That and Julian Pearlt is all that is needed.

If motivated enough to send a message to discontinue the "electricity-static noise" promo we endured a couple of times yesterday, here's contact information:

Mark Coyle [email protected]
Jeff Keiser [email protected]

AD Coyle getting this message makes complete sense. Mr. Keiser is Assistant AD/Creative and Branding, whose UM bio states: "He oversees all aspects of the department's visual brand including creative design, digital production and photography." Seems like this buck would stop with him too.

The Billds have done our part and sent an email to both folks respectfully requesting it to stop. Mrs. Billd maintains this is enough for her not to go to games (meaning she's willing to endure sub-par performances but not this).

This is a first for me, but I have no idea what this post is about.

That is all.

The music before the third downs is what gets the students going the most, then they cover it up with that mess. Better not keep it.

She's fine.

She's not getting any help with the wonky production values, bad sound, bad script, etc.

She is awful, especially her voice!
Poopy voice and a poor hire by Gopher AD. Time to pull the plug. The battery thing is like nails on a chalkboard. That static noise is bush league minor league baseball type deal.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom