Is division champion based on conference record or division record?

swelna

Reaction score
I can never remember which it is. If it's by division record, Purdue would have to drop 2 two games in order for us to win the division if we win the rest of our division games. If it's by conference record then we just need them to drop one more game than we do the rest of the stretch.

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better about still winning the division, especially if mo is back after the bye week.
Wisconsin is already 0-2 that should also make you feel better.

With Iowa and WI losing, the West is wide open still. I didn't like how this game played out, but with a bye week, I think the team can bounce back and win the division.

Technically, Northwestern is in first place at the moment in the West with a 1-0 record. Watch out for Illinois. It should be another wild finish in this division.

Technically, Northwestern is in first place at the moment in the West with a 1-0 record. Watch out for Illinois. It should be another wild finish in this division.
Bert has them looking really good...

The Gophers will almost certainly lose one more (@PSU most likely) and I'm not sure Purdue has two more losses on their schedule. Their other two crossover games are Indiana and Maryland. Their hardest remaining games are @Illinois, @Maryland and @Wisconsin.

We’ll probably hear a lot about the tiebreaker procedures this year. A 3-conference loss West champion appears to be a real possibility.

This division is gonna get beat up. Wouldn't shock me if the winner is 6-3 and advances on tiebreakers.

Though Purdue has me nervous now. Hopefully they look as middling as they did against us and get pounded 3 more times.

Top Bottom